Thursday, September 26, 2013

Down Half

Last night, I asked Mark to leave out the scale, so he did.  I am down six tenths of a pound this morning, which means down the .3 I gained last week and another .3.  Today's weight is 243.4.  I feel okay about that.  It would mean that last week was a combo of a plateau and extra sodium just like I thought yesterday. My sodium level yesterday was only 1499, just at the limit of 1500 for someone over 51.  I suspect that 1500 is a bit draconian, and any day that I eat in a restaurant I'm going to exceed that.  Still, it's a goal to shoot for most days at home.

Yesterday Mark and I had a lot of fun in the morning!  We went to an audition for a play called The Trial of Ebeneezer Scrooge.  This is going to be done as a dinner theater in early November by the Solivita Theater Group, the same group that put on It's a Wonderful Life as a radio drama last November.  What a funny play!  Mark and I may not get parts, but we sure did have a few hours of fun listening to everyone audition. I think we both did okay at the auditions, but if there are more people trying out than parts, we might get eliminated because we would miss two rehearsals due to the cruise in mid-October.  The director is pretty fussy about not missing any rehearsals since there are only two rehearsals per week for one month before the show. It's very intense to get this ready in a short amount of time!  There were about 15 people trying out yesterday for 15 parts, BUT there is another day of auditions today.  If another 15 show up today, the director will be cutting a lot of people.  Mark and I fully expect to get cut if that happens, but we will buy a ticket and go see it.  It should be a lot of fun.

After the auditions, we did our weight routines, and then I decided to go with Mark as he did the weekly shopping. I hardly ever do that, but it was the only way I knew I would get any walking done.  I walked around Wal Mart for an hour as we shopped, so I guess that was something to burn some calories.  I also felt kind of out of control when we got back from the gym and were eating lunch.  I ate my can of tuna fish on salad and still felt hungry. Not just hungry but craving lots more food, mostly inappropriate food. I just wanted to MUNCH.  I was literally AFRAID to stay in the house by myself while Mark went away for a few hours to shop and get his comic books. I was afraid I would start grazing in the pantry and fridge, munching thousands of calories like the "old days."  Those old days aren't that far back right now.  So going out with Mark, I took a cup of coffee, a bottle of water, and a small apple.  By the time we got home at 4:30, the out of control feeling was gone.  Sheesh!  Dodged that bullet by making the right decision to get out of the kitchen. 

Today is the 8th day of Succoth, Shemini Atzeret.  We will go to shul, and there is Yizkor services.  Lots of people come for Yizkor to remember and honor their departed family members.  This service is done four times a year: Yom Kippur, Shemini Atzeret, end of Passover, and Shavuot.  We never miss it, so I had best stop typing and get ready to head out.

No comments:

Post a Comment