Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tuesday after Labor Day. Back to work for everybody.

For me, back to work means I put a load of laundry in.  I'm also going to the bank, the post office, Wal Mart, and the pool.  Yesterday I stayed home all day, in my nightgown, nursing my cold.  I didn't lift a finger except to type or turn a page or push a button on the remote.  Slow day.  Oh, wait, I did make dinner, but that wasn't too hard. 

Today we have to leave the house because my cleaning lady, Carol, is coming this afternoon.  We will go out and do those errands and then hang out at the pool between 1 and 4 while she is here.  Then the evening is busy.  As soon as we get in at 4, Mark has to make a quick low carb pizza because we have to leave again at 5:15 to head to our shul.  At 6, there's a "work party" to put up a few hundred folding chairs for the High Holidays, which start Wednesday night.  At 7, I am having a final rehearsal for my little choir to sing at the Holiday services.

I'm very worried about this choir this year. I started it last year.  There were 11 singing last year, including me.  We got one new member this year, so I thought 12 would be fantastic.  Unfortunately, I have now lost 4 key singers in the last two days.  One singer is me because of this lousy cold.  In MD I never had to be both the director and a singer in the choir, but last year they needed me to sing with them.  Another lady emailed me yesterday that she is also sick and will bow out from the holidays.  Two others are a mother and son who are going to Rhode Island today for the entire holiday season because her brother isn't well.  Now I have only 8 singers, less than last year instead of more.  It's also been six weeks since the last rehearsal because of my trip out west.

I named this choir "Low Stress" to try to entice people to join and to remind myself to keep it low key.  Haha!  Now I'm high stressed about this, just like I always was back in MD!  I sent them all an email last night asking if they thought we could still do it with just 8 people, 1 of whom isn't going to be there tonight and only came to 2 rehearsals back in early June because she was gone all summer, 1 of whom only came to 1 rehearsal, 1 is new this year and still learning.  No one responded to that email. Yikes!  I'm stressed.

I also got on the scale this morning (yes, I know that's bad!), and I'm up a pound.  Yesterday I was down another half pound, so that means this is a pound and a half since I reported my loss for the trip.   Tomorrow morning will be my official weigh-in for Wednesday.  I'm guessing that although my calories were fine the last two days, the lack of exercise and maybe more sodium could be the culprit.  Because of the hot dogs and canned chili, my sodium count topped out at nearly 6,000 mg.  Way over what should be consumed in a day! I don't plan on actually exercising today, but there will certainly be more activity because of the shopping, putting up chairs, and rehearsing. I might even swim a little in the pool if I feel up to it this afternoon and it's not raining.  My calories will be fine again today, so hopefully this weird pound will be gone by tomorrow.

Tomorrow evening begins Rosh Hashanah.  It also begins a month of Yom Tovs and extra big dinners.  Yikes.  The fall season is a tough time to stay on a diet. I'm going to do my best because I do NOT want to find myself over the 250 mark EVERY AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment