Friday, September 6, 2013

Second day

First day of Rosh Hashana is over. It went well.  My little choir of 8 (counting me!) did very well.  We sang the same two songs twice during the service.  There were more people there during the first time.  Today we will only sing them once at the end of the service.  Not many people will be left by then, but that's okay, too.  It's nice that they did a good job and feel good about what they did.  I am sure they enhanced the spirituality of the day for themselves and the congregation.

We had the exact same dinner last night that we had the first night except we had asparagus instead of green beans and mango slices instead of apple slices.  Very delicious.  Both Wednesday and Thursday my calories were 1400.  I even went up to the gym on Wednesday.  My cold is definitely on the way OUT.  I'm so thankful for that.

Last night we watched the movie Anna Karenina with Keira Knightley.  We had both been wanting to see it since it came out, but I had not heard great things about it.  It got a lot of Oscar nominations, but that doesn't always mean I enjoy it.  Well, I did enjoy it. It was a long movie, but it went quickly.  It was a weird version, sort of set as if it was a stage play, but that was a sort of on and off thing.  Very odd, but I think it contributed to why the time went quickly.  I never read the book or knew too much about the story, so it kept me thinking to follow it.  I guess I'd give it a B+.

Wishing everyone a great second day of Rosh Hashana.  Have a sweet, healthy, happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment