Monday, September 9, 2013

Springfield

Yesterday we were surprised to see that there was not even one movie at AMC Downtown Disney that we wanted to see that was being run before noon.  Crazy.  So we looked at AMC City Walk at Universal and found an 11 a.m. showing of Two Guns with Denzel Washington. It was a fun movie and we were LITERALLY the only two people in the theater.  Haha!  That was fun because we laughed out loud and talked to each other about it as if we were home in our living room.  Nice.

Then we went into Universal Studios to see the newly opened Springfield area.  We had a spicy black bean burger at Krustyburger, but next time we will probably go for the fish tacos at the new taco truck.  There is also a donut store called Lard Lad. I hope they don't really use LARD.  UGH!  They have a donut milkshake on the menu that sounded unusual.

Mark wanted to ride the new ride, Twirl and Hurl. It's a glorified Dumbo type ride, but he had a great time.  Then he rode the Simpson simulator and Men in Black.  We took a nice walk around the park for some exercise, but I didn't get as far as I wanted because it was very hot and humid. I wore out a bit earlier than I expected.  We went into Terminator, one of our favorites, did a little shopping (I got myself a Universal Studios hat), and got home by 6.  Still it was an 8 hour day out of the house.  Crazy, but fun.

Now it's Monday and back to some normalcy. I hope to play Mahjong at 1 this afternoon for the first time in months.  After Mahj, we will go up to the gym for our weight routines. We also have two sets of workmen coming in.  Sometime between 8 and noon we have Service America coming to tune up/check out the A/C unit. It seemed to be acting funky back in July before we left, but it's been fine ever since we got home.  Between 5 and 6 tonight I have a general contractor coming to give me an estimate for some bathroom remodeling. I want a partial wall removed from the master bath shower and an all glass enclosure installed.  While he's here, I want him to give me some estimates on a few other smaller jobs, including adding more lighting over the kitchen sink.  It's always dark there even though there's a window.

As for my weight, I have the fear that this has not been a good week.  We had roast beef for two nights of Rosh Hashanah plus challah and wine.  Yesterday I had the burger and fries.  My calories yesterday came in around 1600 with far less walking than I had intended.  So I am thinking this is a maintenance week.  Maybe that's not such a bad thing.  In general, I'm far worse at maintaining a weight than losing or gaining!  LOL!  We will see on Wednesday.

Springfield pictures:







No comments:

Post a Comment