Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wow! It's a Wednesday Weigh-in Again and Erev Rosh Hashanah. L'Shana Tovah everybody! And Happy 2nd Anniversary to Evey and Eric!

This is the first Wednesday that I have had a normal weigh-in for at least six weeks.

It was fine.  I am the same as Saturday, 247.8. 

I guess I'm okay with that, but I was hoping for a smidge less.  I ate well, but I did not really exercise because the cold sapped my energy.  Hopefully, this week I will be on the mend from the cold and be able to add more walking and swimming back into my routine.  I'm a little worried about the week, though, because of all the holiday meals coming up.  Tonight and tomorrow night are Rosh Hashanah dinners and then there's Friday, which is always a holiday meal!  Other than those three dinners, there is no excuse for eating what I shouldn't.

This morning Mark and I are heading down to Quest for fasting blood draws.  We both have our six month (used to be four months) check ups next week with our PCP.  She should be happy with me because I should be down 10 pounds since she saw me six months ago, and that was down ten pounds from the four months before.  In her world I should be showing about a 20 pound loss for the year.  She will never know that I walked out of her office six months ago at 258 and went right on up to 278 and then turned around recently and went down to 248.  Maybe I'll even be down one more by then.

So, I'm back from Quest and started to add up the dinner calories.
Menu tonight:
Raisin Challah
Wine
Chopped Liver
Brisket
Potato Kugel
Green Beans
Mark's homemade Low Carb Honey Cake
 total calories: 1040.  At least that's my best estimate from what I can figure out.

Breakfast then is two links and a yogurt for 160 calories.  Lunch is a can of tuna and some baby carrots for 155 calories, making the day's total 1355.  That's right on target since I'm allowed 1396 now.  If I exercise at all, it will be even better.

Now I'm heading up to the car shop for an oil change.  When I get back, I have some things around the house to do and then I'll see if I feel like exercising.  It would be good to get to the gym for the weights at least.

And I would also like to take this time to wish everybody a happy, healthy, sweet New Year.  L'Shana Tovah to all!

And one more thing, it's Evey and Eric's Second Wedding Anniversary.  They treated themselves to five days and four nights in Hawaii on the island of Kauai.  They took the red eye back over night, so I guess they are landing in San Francisco about now.  I know they had a spectacular time.  Happy Anniversary to both Evey and Eric. Love you both Lots and Lots!  Many more wonderful years are still ahead of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment