Saturday, September 28, 2013

Hoping for shul and pool

Mark is reading haftarah this morning, so we will be heading to shul pretty soon.  Yesterday, he mentioned that we hadn't had a "shul and pool" day for quite awhile.  If the weather holds up, I think that's how we will roll today.  LOL!

Of course, when we get back from shul, usually around 1:15 or so, we will have lunch and then go to the gym do lift weights.  We never got there yesterday.  It was a beautiful day yesterday, but we spent it all indoors, reading on the lanai.  It was so beautiful to sit there with the fan on and the windows open.  Just perfect.

We also got an email saying we did get parts in the Scrooge play for November.  Mark is going to be Bob Cratchit and I'm Mrs. Cratchit.  Nobody read her part, so I have no idea what it is or how big it is. I'm thinking it's pretty small because I'm also the only one double-cast. I also play someone named Belle.  Those were the only two female parts that were not used at the audition, so I have no idea what they are going to be.  Monday morning is a read-through of the whole show, so then I'll know.  Since we will be wearing costumes, I'm guessing both of my parts are small and one is in each act. Otherwise how could I change costumes.  I'm sure I'll know all of this after Monday morning's read-through.

I'm doing well on my food plan. I have not exceeded my calories; I'm getting plenty of fiber; Im keeping the sodium levels down.  I am eating lunch out tomorrow and dinner out at Olive Garden on Monday.  The OG website has all the nutrition info, so I will plan my meal there in advance and feel confident that I can keep my calories in line. 

Last night, Mark made mini meat loaves from the Diabetic Living magazine.  We each got two little meat loaves, made in a muffin tin.  They were just so delicious that I begged him to make a bunch of them in the near future and freeze them.  I think they would freeze well and be handy for nights when he doesn't have time or energy to cook something fresh.  Also two meat loaf "muffins" were only 275 calories.  Yum.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new acting role. Also congratulations to Mark for his. That sounds like you both will have a fun time doing it.

    ReplyDelete