Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The day is starting off nicely.

It's a beautiful sunny morning.  Okay, I admit.  That's not special in central Florida, but it still never gets old.  Mark is sitting on the lanai with the windows open, watching Good Morning America on his iPad, and working on emails, while eating breakfast.  It's a wonderful way to start the day.

I'm sitting at the kitchen table doing all the same things that he is, only on the inside!  LOL!  I'm sitting where I can see the big TV to my right and the lanai ahead to the left.  It's a nice view!

Well, now for the big announcement.  It's Weigh-in Wednesday. I didn't do much exercise this past week, so I've been worried.  Yesterday I walked a lot.  Mark and I went to the indoor track where I walked at a 20 minute per mile pace, very fast for me.  I walked 30 minutes at that pace, but before and after that fast walk at the track, I also walked another 25 minutes at a more normal walking pace.  That burned a total of 236 calories.  I ate 1411 calories total yesterday. It was a good day.

So....the results are...drum roll please... DOWN TWO POUNDS.  Yay!  And the crowd goes wild!

Yes, the scale said 245.8 this morning. I'm very pleased.  A two pound loss is all that is ever expected. 

I went back in my notebook and learned that this is exactly what I weighed in February of 2011, between chemo and radiation, when I left for Miami to take a cruise.  Of course three weeks later I was up six pounds from the cruise.  Most of the time I have stayed in the 250-260 range since then.  So really this weight ties the lowest I have ever been living here in Florida.

Now that's going to stop!  This week I hope to lose another pound or two and get OUT of the 240s by the end of September.  Well, maybe by mid-October, but I'm going to get there soon.

I have a new goal: Weigh about 210 for Lowell and Emily's wedding.  I need to lose 36 pounds more and I have 10 months to do it.  That means losing only 3 to 4 pounds per month to make that goal.  That is NOT a hard thing to do if I stay focused and keep my exercise up and my calories down. 

Today I am going up to the gym for the weight routine and then I'm swimming 30 minutes of laps at the pool.  Breakfast and lunch are at home and normal (meaning low calorie), but dinner is out at a Democratic Club Meeting.  It's a tuna salad sandwich in a "box lunch" type of thing. I have no idea what else is included in there, but I'm hoping that by keeping breakfast and lunch low, it won't matter what the dinner is.  In general, I have found that as long as two out of three meals are either at home or very low, one meal can be much bigger. 


No comments:

Post a Comment