Monday, April 28, 2014

A new start

It's Monday, so here's the official weigh-in number, 250.7.

I lost three pounds on Friday after the train, but they returned over the weekend.  We had  great weekend, but even though there was lots of walking and weigh-lifting, there was also lots of great food.  Too much I guess.

OK, well...there are 11 weeks until the wedding.  My year long goal of weighing close to 200 for the wedding was clearly abandoned months ago when that became physically impossible.  In 11 weeks, I should realistically be able to lose 22 pounds and weigh 228.  That would require being intensely careful with the calories every single day, no slip ups.  Hm....not thinking that's going to happen.  So my newly revised goal is to weigh between 230 and 240, and at least I should NOT weigh more than I did at Evey's wedding in 2011, which was about 245. 

There are a ton of challenges, the very thing that I am the worst at, between today and the wedding.  I just don't know how this is going to go.  What has really happened in the last four years is that I am the same today as when we moved to Florida.  Crazy, right?  All this obsessing about my weight and writing about it, and here I am the same as the day we moved into this house in February of 2011.  I have gone as high as 280 and as low as 232 in those years.  I'm never staying the same on a day to day or weekly basis, but if you look at the big yearly picture, here I am at exactly the same weight as a bit over three years ago.  Eye-opening in a way!

So here we go for the next 11 weeks.  I shall continue to obsess about the weight, work on the weight, report the weight, and, honestly, probably cheat at restaurants and parties.  Maybe I'm just too old to change.

Well, yesterday was awesome!  We saw Herman's Hermits at Epcot.  Basically, Peter Noone is the only original one left in this group, but they sound phenomenal.  We also had lunch at the food kiosks, so that was probably part of the problem for this morning. 

We arrived at Epcot about 3:30 p.m.  It was 93 degrees out!

First course: salad and salmon tartare on a cheese biscuit.  I had the salad without dressing and ate the top of Mark's biscuit.

Second course: mushroom gnocchi and a vodka slushie.  Delicious!

Very refreshing.

Dessert: Japanese Frushi, fruit inside a sushi rice roll with whipped cream  Lightly sweet and delicious.

Mark with the Woody topiary

Peter Noone still sings great!

He comes every year, and this was our third year hearing the group.  This is one of the best shows of the spring concert series.

No comments:

Post a Comment