Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Doctor's Visit

This morning, I was up three pounds.  Go figure.  I have no real idea why because yesterday I walked and lifted weights and did the whole final performance of the show.  I ate a few more calories than I was entirled to, 1600 instead of 1350.  My sodium was about 2000 mg.  So where did the three pounds come from?  Who knows.  Lunch was at a restaurant. I had a cup of vegetable soup, which was mostly squash and onions and seemed low sodium, plus a small piece of grilled salmon on salad greens for lunch.  There's no way to know exactly how much sodium or how many calories, but it didn't seem too bad.  I had a few extra foods for lunch and snacks, but I logged them all in.  It just is what it is. One morning I'm 239 and the next morning I'm 242.

I wouldn't have felt too bad about it except that this afternoon I had my doctor's visit.  On her scale I weighed 244.8, which was a drop of 3.2 pounds since I saw her last back in September.  She was happy with that.  She also said that all my blood work was astoundingly excellent. Her exact words were, "You are friggin' awesome!"  Hey, that's a great check up!  My BP in the office was 106/55, pulse was 60, and temp was 97.4.  I didn't get a copy of the blood work, but clearly it was perfect.  I will see her again on October 8.

I took an extra fast 30 minute walk in the indoor track this morning.  I did a bit over a mile and a half in just under 30 minutes.  That's amazing for me!  The rest of the time we packed for the trip up north, which begins tomorrow.

Tonight we had dinner out at the Starliters cast party.  Mark and I had grilled mahi mahi, salad, steamed veggies, and a small amount of pasta with marinara sauce. I also had the dessert which was hot apple slices with ice cream. I had a glass of white wine and a shot of whiskey.  We danced about 20 minutes, on and off, as well.  I hope I didn't do too much damage!  I guess tomorrow morning will show me.  I am packing the scale, so I'll keep tabs on everything.

The plan is to hit the road around 9 a.m. and get to Florence, SC by dinner time.  Thursday we will leave Florence about the same time and arrive in Columbia, MD about dinner time.  We are going to have dinner with Lowell and Emily at a vegetarian restaurant called The Sage.  Should be fun!  I'm really looking forward to seeing them.   It's been nearly 10 months!  Then we will go to Cindy's house for the first three nights of the trip.  It's been over 11 months since we've seen her.  I am looking forward to seeing everybody.


1 comment:

  1. It looks like you’re really doing great! While losing weight is good, you don’t have to lose a specific number all the time. You just have stay fit and active to keep you going. And eating a balanced diet and doing regular exercises will definitely be helpful. Thanks for the updates!

    Aubrey Holloway @ Primary Care Associates

    ReplyDelete