Friday, April 25, 2014

Back home and ready to diet.

We are home, and it feels great.

I left on April 9 weighing 242.7, and it was only 239 the day before that!  I returned yesterday and checked my weight this morning, 251.  So in those 16 days, I gained 8.3 pounds, about a half pound a day average.  Unfortunate, but not surprising.  What's surprising is that I'm down .7 on the train day.  I guess I should take comfort in that!

The train was relaxing, but extra long because there was a lot of track repair and freight trains.  Sometimes they can make up lost time, but not this time.  Instead of pulling in at 9 or so, we pulled in at 11:20 and got out of the train at 11:40, but our car was called by noon, which is pretty fast.

We drove straight to the new kosher deli in Maitland, Brown's NY Deli.  It opened last July, but this was our first chance to try it out.  Wow!  It might be my new favorite restaurant.  It was delicious, extensive, and not too expensive.  We are definitely going back.  In fact, we already have a lunch date with some friends for the end of May.

After lunch, we took a 40 minute walk around a nearby lake and discovered some Maitland history and museums.  We hope to explore those museums in the future.  Then we had to pick up Mark's comic books and do a little bit of shopping for last night's dinner and breakfast.  By the time we got home from all of that, it was 4:30 and we were so tired!  We both admitted we were running on empty as we unloaded the car and put everything away.  By 6:30 we were done, eating dinner, and ready to sleep through some TV!

This morning I had a fasting blood draw for my medical oncology appointment next Friday.  Now I'm home, yawning, typing, and drinking coffee.

Today I'm back on my diet plan.  Clearly I abandoned it entirely on this trip.  It's time to get serious now because the wedding is about three months away.




No comments:

Post a Comment