Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday, day 7 of Passover

This morning my official weight was 249.4, a smidge less than yesterday.  I was okay with that.

We went to shul this morning in Columbia, where four other Mishkan Torah people were also.  MT doesn't do services on the second or seventh days of big holidays, so we all went to another synagogue that does.  I guess we'll do that next year, too.

After shul, we had lunch and then a 25 minute walk in the hotel neighborhood.  The hotel porch has some lovely rocking chairs, so I just had to take some time to sit in them after the walk!  They also have a fire pit and two huge grills with round tables and chairs.  There's an outdoor pool, but, of course, it's not open in April. 

We have had such a lovely time here, sharing the holiday with our family and friends, that we have already booked the exact same room for the holiday next year, April 2-12, 2015.  They have locked in this same room for us, 417.

Next year is a "perfect storm" of a date.  The first seder of Passover is on Friday, April 3.  That is also Good Friday AND also Evey's birthday!  I am hoping she and Eric will fly to the east coast to join us on her birthday and for the seder.  The next day they can head up to NJ and enjoy Easter with his family.  I'm sure Leslie and Marc G. would love that!  It would also allow me to have BOTH of my kids at one seder, which has not happened for a very, very long time.  In fact, I can't even remember the last time it happened.  I bet it was either at the Pearlman's house or the Oresky's house.  I  hope it all works out, God Willing!

Here's a picture of me enjoying the rocking chair this afternoon.  As Mark says, "Nobody can say Beck is off her rocker."  LOL!



No comments:

Post a Comment