Sunday, April 6, 2014

Successful Opening Night

Starliters opened to a full house last and was a rousing success.  They were a great audience, very responsive, lots of applause, singing along, and standing ovation.  What more could performers want!

Tonight Mark is coming.  I hope he enjoys it.  I'm in two scenes, Jazz Joint and Arcade.  The Jazz Joint opens the show and is the single longest scene, taking place in the 1940s. I'm wearing a wig for the first time in my life, so that's an interesting experience.  It's dark black, has a big bun on the back, and two big rolls on the top around a center part.  It's weird looking. Everyone thinks the wig is ugly and cast mates have begged me not to wear it.  I'm holding firm and have been wearing it because it makes me look so different.  I'm also not wearing my glasses and have fairly heavy make up on.  After last night's show, a lady I know very well saw me leaving the building and came up to say she had not recognized me as the one singing "At Last" until she checked the program book.  GOOD!  That's the object. I'm building a character up there, so it was nice not to be recognized.  The Arcade scene takes place in the 1980s and is the next-to-last scene in the show.  It's only about three minutes long, and I play a biker chick!  Pretty fun to do.

Meanwhile, my schedule was quite disrupted Friday and Saturday, having to get up there so early. I had to be there 5:30 for Friday's dress rehearsal, but 4:30 for the three show dates.  I get home abut 9 p.m.  Both Friday and Saturday, Mark was gone from the early afternoon until about 10 p.m., doing his own thing at the Cove and having fun.  I was glad he had something fun to do, but it left me home on Friday for a long time.  I grazed and overate too much.  Being alone in the house for a few hours is no excuse for losing control, but sadly that is what happened.  At least I logged all the food into the app truthfully, so that is why I know my calories Friday were 2600.  Yesterday I resolved to do better, and I did.  I only went over a little bit, 1400 calories.  So, of course, I'm up a pound and a half this morning.  I just hope I can knock it off today and report an official weigh in number of 240 again tomorrow. 

Today we are heading over to DTD (Downtown Disney) to see the new Captain America movie.  It's at 11:15, which means being out of the house from 10 to about 2:30.  I'll have a large, late lunch around 3 and that should hold me until I get home from the show.  I think today's calories will go pretty well.




2 comments:

  1. In over 38 years of performances, I believe this is the first time Becky has sung a solo love song to any performer other than me. It is going to be very weird being in the audience instead of playing the person being sung to. I alos expect it to be tough to watch. Hopefully it will be a lot less upsetting with Becky looking like somebody else. In any case, I have heard her sing the song, and so I know she will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lest anyone get the wrong idea, I have never been a husband who goes out doing his own thing and having fun leaving his wife home alone. On both days, I was doing volunteer work at the Cove. Both days would have been a lot more fun if Becky were with me but her schedule did not allow it.

    ReplyDelete