Monday, November 10, 2014

Weigh In Monday

I am up one pound this week to 267.5. 

This is the longest that I have lingered in the 260s EVER.  Earlier in my life, I went up through the 260s but never stayed there.  I went higher and stayed there for a very long time.  Not good.  I have hit the 260s twice since we have lived in Florida, but both times I was just back from a vacation or cruise and immediately set about losing it.  I always went back to the 240s in a short time.  I'm not sure why that hasn't happened this time.  I hit the 260s in SD in July, and I'm still there.  In fact, that was the low 260s, so I've little by little crept up more. 

I don't know why I can't get in the mood to do the work to lose the weight.  Everyone who knows me knows that I know how to do it.  LOL!  It's mostly mental, though.  I haven't got the discipline right now.  Sigh.

Hopefully it will come back.

Meanwhile we had a good time at our last day at the Food and Wine Festival.  Of course, eating at 6 venues yesterday for "lunch," which stretched from 2:40 to 5:30 did NOT help me on the scale this morning.  LOL!  In fact, we didn't even make a dinner last night.  We decided to have "lunch" for dinner at home, which meant Mark didn't have to cook.  He was too tired when we got home at 7:30 p.m. to want to cook anything. 

We went to Big Hero Six, which Mark loved and I was lukewarm on.  I will probably watch it a second time when he gets the DVD.  Sometimes I like a movie better the second time anyway.  Then we got to Epcot in time to catch a Back to Basics lecture on wine pairing.  Mark even took notes!

We had our first "lunch" at the food court in the F & W pavilion.  We each got a tuna salad on pita.  Mark also had a Pinot Gris and I had Peach Moscato.  Our second stop was the Craft Beer area.  Neither of us really drink beer, but we wanted to see what was in there.  We found lots of people drinking beer.  LOL!  We got a spicy cheese dip with crackers and shared it. Then we went to Mexico where Mark got his tequila flight and I got the sweet corn cheesecake.  I took a small sip of each of the three tequilas.  After that we hit Germany where I got the Reisling flight and the donut filled with apricot jam.  Mark picked up Noodlegratin at the regular German walk up quick service restaurant.  We split the Noodlegratin (basically mac 'n cheese).  I drank two of the Reislings and gave Mark the one that was the least sweet.  All of them were sweeter than I expected.  Following this, we went to Hops and Barley in the American pavilion for the cheese plate.  We each had one, which included a piece of blue, cheddar, and goat cheeses.  Delicious.  Yeah, so no surprise I'm up a pound today, right?

While eating that, we noticed we were outside the entrance of the Chase card lounge, so we went in to check that out.  It's on the third floor of the American Pavilion. It has free coffee or soda plus wine for sale.  There are a few tables and chairs, some video games for kids, and a view of the park from the windows that you can't get anywhere else.  There are also bathrooms and if it was hot, it would be a nice air conditioned space to relax.  Since it was cold and chilly yesterday, we didn't want any AC!  We each looked around a bit, picked up a coffee, and headed out to the concert, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.  We had never heard of them, but they were a great jazz band, nine pieces, including trombone, trumpet, sax, piano, string bass, drums, singer.  So much fun to listen to.  They had a packed house!

Today around 5 p.m. our friend Rudy is coming for about two weeks.  He will be here just one night and then heading to the Tampa area for two more nights before settling in with us until the following Friday.  He hasn't been here in a year, since we went on the Carnival Ecstasy with him and his late wife Georganne last October.   We hope to provide some amusing distractions for him since he is still grieving.

Mark and his 40 foot buddy at the theater.

Wine pairing lecture by the woman who wrote this book.

EXTERMINATE!

Took the time to go through Universe of Energy.  Still fun.


Spicy cheese dip

Mexican tequila flight.

Mark does enjoying sipping tequila in Mexico!

Cheese platters in America.

The Chase Card Lounge.

Mark is pouring himself a coffee in the lounge.


We got there too late for a seat, but the wall provided a good view and sound.





No comments:

Post a Comment