Thursday, April 30, 2015

NEW CAR!!!

I was so busy yesterday that I didn't have time to write a blog. 

I bought my new car at Carmax.  It's a 2013 Ford C-Max hybrid wagon.  I haven't taken any pictures yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to put some on the blog.  We were in and out of Carmax in two and a half hours, which is very fast for car buying! We took our four suitcases to be sure they fit, which they did.  As soon as the salesman drove it up, I was in love!  There will be a steep learning curve about all the gauges and most efficient way to drive.  There's a gauge that grows leaves as you drive efficiently and drops leaves off when you don't.  How cute is that?  It's a candy apple red color, so I have named her Candy. 

Before car shopping, we went to the doctor.  I wasn't my best on Tuesday, eating an entire bag of salty pita chips.  Stupid.  Other than that I had a good day, but only a 20 minute walk for exercise.  So...of course, when I woke up Wednesday, I was up three pounds of fluid.  I was sure the doctor would yell.  Surprise!  She did NOT!  She wasn't super happy either, but she didn't jump all over me.  She was okay with all my numbers, including the sugars.  She said don't worry about the RDW.  The 15.5 was not significant when all other numbers were so good.  Next time I see her I'll be on Medicare!  LOL!

Then the day ended with four out of five of us booking our cabins on the Carnival Sensation for January 26, 2017.  Mark W and his wife Carol booked a cabin on the Empress deck next to Flyn and Jim.  Kip and Denise booked a cabin on the Riviera deck opposite my inside cabin.  Now we are just waiting to see where Cindy books.  There was one funny moment when I found out that Kip and Denise had accidentally booked on the Carnival Fascination instead of the Sensation.  I called her right away, and we had a good laugh over it.  Then she called and changed it!  Thank God I was trying to tie the reservations together on the phone with Carnival so we could all eat dinner at the same table.  That's when the mistake was discovered.  That could have been a disaster!  LOL!

I had a great day on my diet yesterday, under my calorie allotment.  This morning the extra fluid weight is gone, and I'm back to Monday morning's weight.  Yay.  I plan to have a great day today that will include the water aerobics and lap swimming.  Breakfast and lunch will be controlled food from home, but dinner will be at Lakeside.  Tom and Cathy are treating us to dinner out.  It is possible to eat well at Lakeside, so I have to make that commitment.  No appetizer, no dessert, healthy entree, and a glass of wine.  Have to have the wine!  It's free wine night at Lakeside!

No comments:

Post a Comment