Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Oncologist check up today.

This morning I have my six month check up with the medical oncologist, Dr. VJ.  For some reason this time the tumor marker blood test was not requested on the blood work paper.  I had the blood drawn last week, and that's when I noticed it was just for a CBC.  I think it was a mistake on the office's part last December when I was there before.  I admit I did not check that paperwork when I left in December.  So I feel like this visit is a bit useless.  The CBC is all fine, and I just had that in April anyway for the regular primary care doctor.  Otherwise I'm feeling fine, good BP and pulse rate, and no complaints.  I don't think there's anything she's going to say or do that will be news to me.  Oh, wait....I did have a DEXA bone scan in February.  I never heard those results, but I'm guessing they are fine, too, or someone would have called a lot sooner.  I'll let you know tomorrow what the story is.

I do have one question for her.  My five year anniversary for taking the generic Arimidex is coming up next Valentine's Day.  I'm wondering if she will ask me to stay on them forever or quit then.  There are articles out there about advantages and disadvantages to both approaches.  Most articles end by saying do whatever your doctor recommends.

Rudy left yesterday morning.  We had a nice breakfast at Denny's before he headed up the coast to stay in Savannah the first night.  He likes to make it take three days, and driving alone, I don't blame him.  We had a lot of fun on his last two days, which is why there were no blogs!

Sunday we went to the Keel and Curley Winery for their tour and tasting.  Then we had an outstanding dinner at Downtown Disney in the Paradiso 37 restaurant.  After dinner we checked out the classic boats on display behind the new restaurant called Boathouse.  Lots of fun.

Monday we spent most of the day at Sea World, saw the new sealion show, the penguins, lots of animals, the Pets Ahoy show, lots of walking.  It was fun!

Yesterday I had my preliminary appointment at the gastroenterologist's office for my colonoscopy next Tuesday.  My mother died of colon cancer at age 58 and HER mother died of it at age 60.  I started having colonoscopies in my early 40s.  I always said I would have to die of something eventually, but it WOULD NOT be colon cancer and it WOULD NOT be young.  So far so good.  This is my fifth colonoscopy and not even one polyp has ever been found.

Enjoy these pictures from the winery and Sea World.




Veggie Frito Nachos to share while drinking wine after the tour.

At Paradiso 37

A very pink classic boat

Rudy sneaking up on Mark at the docks behind the Boathouse.

Mark with a miniature tugboat.

People renting the amphicar, which looks like a HOOT!




All the animals in the Pets Ahoy show are adopted from local animal shelters.

Yummy pizza lunch

Waiting for the Sea Lion show


Going to the penguin exhibit

It's cold in there, but I love the penguins.

No comments:

Post a Comment