Tuesday, September 1, 2015

3 p.m. appointment time

Today is mostly about going to the GYN this afternoon.  I don't know what he will say or what tests he might order, but I will write a second one either tonight or tomorrow morning after the appointment.  I have spent some time this morning googling hysterectomies and the recovery time for the various types, just in case.

I checked my weight from January of 2014, my last appointment at this GYN's office.  I am up 30 pounds since then, so I bet he will not like that.  Maybe I'll get lucky, and he won't care.  If I do need a surgery, I hope they can do it at this weight.  I have had 9 surgeries, but none of them were at a weight this high.  This morning I weighed 276.6.  I have been nervous and upset this week, which means I overeat.  I didn't even report yesterday's weight for Monday, but it was essentially the same as today.  That means I've gained three pounds.  That's so typical for me when I'm stressed and not exercising.

Mark and I enjoyed seeing the new ballroom.  The stage is squared off and bigger.  New curtains were installed on the sides to create a more private and nicer looking "backstage" area.  That area also hides a door to the kitchen hallway where they created a small powder room for the use of the kitchen staff as well as performers.  There is no need to go out into the house or to use the public bathroom.  On the other hand, that one bathroom will be fine for small groups or a single performer, but when 120 Guys and Dolls performers all need it at intermission, it will be woefully inadequate!  LOL.  It's clearly not for them.  The sound system may or may not be new.  Although a band was playing live on stage and using the sound system, I could not tell if it was better, new, or the same.  The bar they created in the back looks nice.  They put it where they used to set up coffee pots for club activities and where the big table for the sound engineers for Guys and Dolls would set up their equipment.  I guess they will have to set up somewhere else now.  The biggest thing we noticed that was NOT changed was the carpet.  Because I was specifically looking for new and fresh things, the ratty, dirty carpet really stood out.  In fact, this was the first time I noticed that there are three different types of carpet  and they don't even go together.  i asked if it was going to be replaced but was told it was not in the budget.  It is supposed to get steam-cleaned, but I think it would need more than that to improve its look.  We enjoyed the morning, though.  The band was good and we got free coffee and a cupcake.

Then we walked up the village street to the gym.  We walked the track.  I walked 20 laps, one mile, in 21 minutes.  I was pretty happy with that because walking makes the cyst hurt, so I didn't know if I could do it.  It didn't hurt as much as I had feared it would.  I had also taken 800 mg Advil with breakfast, which was shortly before we left, so it was definitely working at the time.  Later Mark also went up and lifted weights, but I have been doing that lately.

Yesterday I won FIVE games of Mah Jongg.  Last week I only won one game and yesterday five.  That's the way that game goes!

I can feel the adrenaline pumping because I'm nervous about going to the doctor for fear of what they will find or what tests they will order.  I'll write what happens later tonight or tomorrow.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment