Saturday, September 19, 2015

Good class.

Mark liked his diabetes class yesterday.  It was a small group of six people taught by a nurse who is also a diabetic.  He got a textbook that he has to read by next Friday's class.  Spouses can come next week for no charge, so I will be going with him.  He also felt that he learned a few new items of information, even though most of the people in class were relatively new diabetics.  The class started at a basic level, way below Mark's level of knowledge, but the instructor took all of his questions and was very helpful to him.  I'm so glad he went.

While he was gone to class, I went to water aerobics and also swam some laps.  Then I dropped a bunch of light bulbs off at Lowe's for recycling before heading to Michael's to have my Camden Yard picture framed.  What a shock that was.  I spent about $250 each for my other two puzzles, but I had no coupons.  This time I had a 66% off coupon, so I thought I'd pay about $100 or less.  WRONG.  The price was $318.  Crazy.  I questioned it, and he said it was because of its length, oversized. Geez.  It would have been about $900 without the coupon.  I simply would not have done it at that price.  I went ahead and did it, and it's going to look great, but it's the LAST one I will ever have framed.

I had lunch at Panera.  I ordered the Pick Two, a small Caesar salad and a cup of vegetable soup, which comes with a roll.  Delicious.  I was proud of myself for saying no to the offered 99 cent dessert.  Then I was sabotaged when the manager distributed FREE chocolate chip cookies to everyone at their tables!  So good.  Then I stopped off at Twistee Treat on my home and got a medium vanilla waffle cone.  Also delicious and only $2.99.

Today I'm up two pounds.  LOL!  No surprise there.

We are relaxing at home today.  We will watch two movies during the day, our weekly Disney movie, which this week is The Fox and The Hound, and then either a Hobbit movie or a Planet of the Apes movie.  Later we will go to the Cove for some swimming and water aerobics if it's not raining.  At 7 p.m. we are meeting Ed and Barbara at Lakeside for dinner and dancing.  It's Sixties Weekend at the Cove, so there's a band coming to play lots of 60s music.  It should be a lot of fun.

Tomorrow, off to Tropicana Field for a game between the Rays and the Orioles with good friends! 

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

1 comment: