Saturday, September 12, 2015

All's Well.

My appointment, although an HOUR past time to call me back, showed everything was normal.  Breathe a big sigh of relief.  The cyst that had been there for years was gone.  The lining of the uterus was normal.  All the tests they did for infection showed nothing. 

I had intense discomfort/pain for about 8 days.  Then nothing at all until yesterday.  While I was taking my shower, the pain started up and lasted all day.  I was in discomfort in the doctor's office.  She poked around on my belly, but since all the tests showed everything was normal, she concluded it was not a GYN issue.  She thinks it's digestive and asked if I had ever had a colonoscopy.  Why yes, just in May, and it was all normal, just like the previous FOUR over the last twenty years have been. She also said I should go to my primary care doctor.  I have an appointment with the PC on October 29, so I will talk to her about it then.  Meanwhile, if I get any more seriously bad attacks, I might just take myself to an ER. 

I am going to take the food thing more seriously.  I guess it could have been diverticulitis.  I do have the diverticuli pockets, and they flared up once about 15 years ago after popcorn.  I have gotten a little lax on eating what I'm not supposed to.  They tell you not to eat popcorn, seeds, or nuts.  Some doctors also say corn.  I usually never eat popcorn since that's what sent me to the ER years ago.  I do eat all the rest fairly regularly.  The last few times we went to a Solivita movie, I ate the free popcorn.  Maybe that was a bad idea.  I am going to stop that.  I'm also going to give up nuts and corn for awhile, too.  Maybe that's all it will take.

Today we skipped shul and went to the pool.  I did 30 minutes of aerobics/swimming.  After jumping around about 15 minutes, the pelvic area started to hurt a bit, so I started swimming and doing no-impact things.  Then the pain immediately subsided.  I have not felt anything else all day. 

Tonight we are going out to dinner with some friends to a fish house called Harborside in Winter Haven.  I think it will be great, and I will not eat popcorn, seeds, nuts, or corn.  I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment