Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Day after Labor Day

Labor Day is not just a day off from school or work. It always makes me think about unions. Mark and I were both members of our unions.  Most workers have enjoyed the benefits unions have won for them, even if they are not members. 

Meanwhile, Summer Frozen Fun on Sunday was great.  We had a perfect seat for the parade, in the shade, seated, right at the start of it.  Crazy good.  The new Olaf show was very cute.  We did all of our fastpasses, enjoyed our lunch and dinner, and then left early because it was pouring down rain.  I don't know if they did the fireworks or not because we didn't wait around.  At 8 p.m. we came out of the Frozen Sing-Along show, which was spectacular, and it was pouring.  We didn't feel like waiting ninety minutes to see if it would stop and have fireworks.  We went home and watched them on YouTube instead!

Yesterday morning I worked about two hours on SOJC Choir stuff for the High Holidays.  Then I played Mah Jongg and won only ONE game.  Tough day for me, but that's how it goes.  Last time I won five games, so I didn't expect to do that well this week.

I didn't write a Monday blog yesterday, so I didn't post my weight.  It was 274 yesterday, so about the same.  This morning I'm up THREE to 277. I am not surprised because we had a HUGE meal out at the Grand Floridian Cafe last night.  I had a bit more breakfast at home than usual and a good lunch, but then I ate an entire strip of Ritz crackers with lots of sodium.  Then there was dinner.  I had all of this: raspberry mojito, glass of Chardonnay, big bowl of potato corn chowder, half the cheese plate shared with Mark, two and a half BIG rolls with lots of highly salted butter, salmon with miso glaze on a mound of sticky rice and string beans, two scoops of mixed berry sorbet with raspberries and blueberries on top.  So....that's the reason I am up three pounds.  Mark had a whiskey, a glass of Chardonnay, the same entree but he only ate half the rice, half a roll with a little butter, half the cheese plate, and the no sugar added berry pyramid which is raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries in an artfully shaped no sugar gelatin mold.  Then he got up and walked out with no problems whatsoever.  We both felt a little tipsy, so we did sit in the lobby of the Grand Floridian listening to the orchestra and then the pianist for about an hour before driving home.  Mark also took a long walk from the lobby out to the boat dock and back to see if his heart would act up, but it did not. 

I'm sure it's very good news in the long run that his heart is not acting up!  His stress test was normal, and he has not heard anything about the echocardiogram, so we think that means it was normal, too.  He sees the cardiologist again in about two weeks, so I'm sure he will be pronounced just fine.

We went out for dinner with a purpose and we failed.  Mark has been wearing the heart monitor, and he has not experience any symptoms.  He usually gets them about every other month or so and usually after a big meal.  We like the Grand Floridian Cafe, and he had an episode after eating there in June.  We thought that same big meal with a couple of drinks would trigger something, but it did not.  It did give me an extra three pounds, but I'm sure they will be gone by tomorrow.  I'll have all regular meals at home and be a little bit active in that I have a mani/pedi to go to and a Guys and Dolls rehearsal tonight.  Those are not exactly aerobic activities, but they get me out of the house for a few hours and away from potential snacks.

i am in desperate need of the mani/pedi.  I have not had one since the end of July, the week before we left of Hawaii, so six weeks ago!  I've given myself a manicure two weeks ago, and I've filed my toenails about one a week.  Still, I am really looking forward to the professional touch!

Here are some pictures from Summer Frozen Fun.

Sand sculpture at the entrance

No one was in front of us at the parade.  That almost never happens.  Anna in her carriage.

This year they have Olaf!

Hans

Elsa got her own ice float this year.

We asked for the Cowboy room at Great Movie Ride, so they gave us row one!  We never had that before.

Sure enough, we got highjacked by a cowboy.

New show with Olaf, very cute.

The Sing-Along is lots of fun.  It's in a nicer, much bigger theater now.

At the end there was literally a BLIZZARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment