Friday, September 11, 2015

GYN Follow Up

This afternoon at 2:40 I have my consultation at the GYN's office to go over the results of the ultrasound I had last Thursday.  I have had no discomfort or pain at all this past week, so I have no idea why I had a terrible week the week before that, but I really don't expect anything bad to come out of this.  I also don't think they will have any idea why I had pain and now don't have pain.  I suspect they will say to come back in a year or come back if I get pain again.  I should be home by 4 or so this afternoon, and I will come back onto this blog and make a new report.  Or if I get busy or forget about it, I'll post it tomorrow.

We had a lovely day yesterday and did three Solivita events: the estate planning lecture by the lawyer, the HEAL meeting that was a talk on Holistic healing by a local author, and the New Year's Eve cruise meeting. Then we came home and watched the Academy Award winning film, Birdman, with Michael Keaton.  It was a good day.

I had no trouble falling asleep last night, but at 2 a.m. I got up with several muscles cramped on the left leg.  It was the top of the foot, the outside of the ankle, and the shin.  Those are crazy muscles to try to get relaxed.  I walked about 10 or 15 minutes through the house, drinking a large glass of water all the while.  Finally, around 2:30, I sat in my comfy living room chair, covered my legs with my Minnie blanket, and relaxed with my Minnie pillow.  Sitting in that chair sometimes relaxes my legs and helps the cramps go away.  It worked like a charm, and the next thing I knew the coffee grinder woke me up when it went off at 7 a.m.  At least I felt like I got a good night's sleep, even if it was sitting up in my chair.

Other than the doctor's appointment and Shabbat dinner tonight at home with Mark, I have no particular plans.  It's good to be busy, but it's also good to have a day when I can just plan my own time and relax.  I might start the next book in my Kindle.  One thing I am NOT doing is spending any time worrying about the results of this afternoon's consultation!

No comments:

Post a Comment