Friday, September 18, 2015

Mark went to class.

This morning Mark left very early to drive to Celebration Health for a Diabetes class.  It will run 9-3:15 today and then again 9-2:30 next Friday.  The copay for this is $100 for the pair of classes.  Ironically, if he was already on Medicare, it would have cost him nothing.  We kind of joked that maybe he should just wait another six months until he goes on Medicare, but he decided to keep these appointments and get it done.   When he saw the new endocrinologist, Dr. Coleman, one of the questions on all the paperwork was if he had ever had taken a class on diabetes.  He marked no.  A few days later, he got the call from Celebration Health saying his doctor had referred him to this class.  That was the first we heard of it!  He's not sure he's going to learn anything, but you never know.  I did encourage him to go.  He had to fill out reams of paperwork for the class, bring his $100, a bottle of water, lunch, a jacket because they said it would be cold in the room, his testing supplies and monitor, and snacks.  Sounds like it's going to be quite the day!

Meanwhile, I am going to head out at 10 to the Cove for water aerobics and lunch.  In the afternoon, I'm heading up to The Loop to go to Michael's craft store.  I finally glued my Camden Yard jigsaw puzzle yesterday, so I'm taking it up to the store to be framed.  At least this time I have a coupon for 65% off.  I hope they take it.  When I did the alligator and the manatee puzzles, I didn't have a coupon.  It was almost $500 for those two, not to mention the price of hiring a handyman to hang those huge, heavy pieces!  Still, it will be worth it, and it's going to look great hanging over the French doors out on the lanai.  Thanks to Emily and Lowell for giving it to me!
All glued down and ready to go.


I haven't reported my weight for awhile, but I'm maintaining the low 270s, as I have been for nearly a year.  This morning I was 273.5.  Over the two days of Rosh Hashanah, with so much salty food like the matzo ball soup and the chopped liver, plus lots of delicious desserts and challah, ballooned up to 277.  I wasn't really worried because I figured the extra would drop off just as quickly, and it did.  I have had two pretty reasonable days, not super low but reasonable, so that helped the extra pounds leave. 

There are many restaurant meals coming up in the next week.  We are eating out Saturday night at Lakeside with friends Ed and Barbara, lunch Sunday at Trop field and possibly dinner out on the way home, Tuesday night at Landry's to start Yom Kippur, Wednesday night is the break-the-fast at the synagogue, and next Thursday all three meals out at Disney.  Wow!  Almost like being on vacation.  I will see how I do!  Then it's the holiday of Succoth with a lot of eating followed by 8 days on a cruise ship!  Lots of fun and lots of chances for overeating!  It should be interesting to weigh in again on Monday, October 12 after all of this and see how I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment