Wednesday, September 2, 2015

update on GYN appointment

My GYN gets great marks on the websites that rate doctors, and his wife is a GYN Oncologist who came to Solivita and gave a talk on the subject of robotic surgery, which is how I got her name and then his.  Unfortunately, he's also an OB, so I ended up seeing a nurse practitioner yesterday.  I can only assume he was delivering a baby, so the nurse was sent in to cover.  The waiting room was so crowded when we got there that there were no seats left, and it's a BIG waiting room since there are three or four doctors in that office.  Even so, I was seen only 40 minutes after my scheduled time.  I admit I was sitting and waiting and thinking that I should find a good GYN who is not also an OB!

The nurse practitioner was very nice, and in general I like and respect them very much.  She listened to me, did a urine test to rule out kidney stones or bladder infections, and did an exam.  She offered me pain pills, but I declined them.  Advil is doing nicely.  She told me to stop taking 800 mg twice a day and move to 400 or 600 three times a day instead.  I didn't even take any yesterday because the pain was more of an annoyance than actual pain.  So far this morning I don't think I need any either.  For some reason the whole thing got much better yesterday.  Of COURSE, because I went to the doctor so nothing hurt!

She did order an ultrasound, which I'm having tomorrow afternoon and then a follow up visit to discuss the results next Friday.  That's all I could expect, so the visit went as I thought it would.

I started Guys and Dolls last night, and it was wonderful!  My friends Donna and Esther had saved me a seat.  That was so kind and unexpected.  We sang two songs from a big Mamma Mia medley and then worked on The Impossible Dream.  It was just so much fun to sing and to be part of a big choir again.  I had skipped an entire year because last year I got that gigantic cyst on my back that took multiple office visits and surgeries to clear out.  It just made it too hard to get to the rehearsals or sit against a chair for too long.  I'm just a little afraid that if the ultrasound shows a hysterectomy is in order, I will need to drop out again this year.  I would be sad, but I'll enjoy going while I can right now.  Singing is so much a part of me! 

Today we are having a play date with Barb and Al.  We have combo tickets for the new Orlando Eye, the Wax Museum, and the SeaLife Aquarium.  I'm not sure about going on the EYE.  I don't like heights, and the thing has broken down and stranded people a few too many times.  On the other hand, the weather is perfect today and it doesn't move too fast.  There are no seats in it, so you have to stand up for the entire 20 minute ride.  Even Mark isn't sure about doing it!  The Wax Museum and Aquarium are new and right by the EYE.  They may even be owned by the same company because the website sells combo tickets to the three.  We got an outstanding deal from AAA.  We are also going to have a fun lunch at the kosher place nearby.  Mark and I have been looking forward to that because it's been about a year since we went there.

Tonight I have my SOJC choir which will be quite the contrast to last night's big choir.  I could have SIX people maximum tonight if everyone comes, but everyone NEVER comes.  We are definitely singing for the High Holidays this year, but after that, I am still not sure of the future of this choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment