Monday, September 21, 2015

A new week. A new pound. A new chance for atonement.

I am 276 this morning, which is up a few pounds, but I know why.  At the ballgame yesterday I had a fabulous gourmet grilled cheese sandwich and a big, soft, very salty pretzel for lunch. Then we ate dinner out at Longhorn where I had two pieces of bread with butter, salad with cheese and croutons on it, salmon in bourbon marinade, a big baked potato, and broccoli.  It was delicious, but there was a ton of sodium in everything.  Today, all my meals will be at home and approriate.  As usually happens, those extra three pounds will be shed by tomorrow, I suspect.

We have a totally busy Solivita day today.  At 9 a.m. we are attending a lecture in the ballroom about Tuscan Isle, a new apartment community for seniors being built across the street from Solivita.  Then at 10:30 we will be doing water aerobics.  At 1 p.m. I'll be playing Mah Jongg in my neighbor's house, and at 4 p.m. we will be attending the Book Circle talk on the Hemingway book, The Sun Also Rises.  Tonight the new season of TV shows begins, including one of my favorites, Castle.

Wow!  What a great day this will be.

Also tomorrow night will begin Yom Kippur, the end of the 10 Days of Awe, the end of the High Holidays.  It is customary to begin one's atonement for the year's sins by apologizing to anyone that we may have offended during the year and sincerely pledge to do better in the upcoming year.

If you are reading this, I am sure I probably have said something in this blog, or maybe even directly to you, that might have been less than stellar.  I may have insulted you, belittled you, or said something that goes contrary to your beliefs.  I might have slighted you by not returning a phone call or an email in a timely fashion so that you felt you did not matter to me.  I know I am not perfect and often say or do things that might be offensive to someone.  Just ask MARK!

For all of those times, I do sincerely apologize and hope you will forgive me.  I do not intend to offend, but I often speak without thinking it through to the final consequence.  I know I do this.  Just ask MARK!  For all of this, I apologize and beg your forgiveness.

G'mar hatimah tova.  May you be inscribed in the Book of Life for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment