Monday, September 28, 2015

First Day of Succoth

Mark and I will be heading out to the synagogue pretty soon for the holiday service.  Mark's lulav and etrog will be waiting for him there.  He built the succah yesterday, so he ate his breakfast in it this morning.  It's kind of gray and very wet out there because it rained yesterday.  I will pass on eating out there.  In Maryland, we had a concrete patio where we built the succah.  Here it's just on grass, which is pretty high right now.  They will probably cut it on Tuesday but not inside the succah! 

This afternoon at 4:30 we go to Mark's cardiologist to discuss the possibility that he might have Afib.  We don't expect him to have any more information than he did the first time because none of the tests showed anything, at least we don't think they did.  He had that big attack the day after he took off the two-week monitor!  Still, I'm interested in hearing what he has to say.

Monday weigh-in shows that I am maintaining my weight just fine.  I was 273.4 this morning.  That's down two and  half since last Monday, but that weight was lost right away.  I reported last week that i was up because of some weekend dining out.  This week there was LOTS of eating out, but there were also two meals skipped in the YK fast and a day of swimming and lots of walking in the Magic Kingdom.  Yesterday I did a little bit of swimming.  I'm not that happy about maintaining a weight in the 270s, but I've been doing it for over a year.  I always used to say that i can't maintain a weight, that I'm always going up or down, but apparently I can maintain a weight.  It's just not one that I'm too happy about maintaining.  But maybe this is my set point.  Maybe after all these years of weighing more than this and less than this, 273 is my middle of the road set point that is easy to maintain.  Oh. well.

No comments:

Post a Comment