Wednesday, September 16, 2015

First day of the New Year

Rosh Hashanah was especially lovely and spiritual this year.  My little choir of 7 (six on the second day, including me and the Rabbi!) did a great job.  Our rabbi had a few wonderful ideas for the second day, and everyone loved them.  They were long days.  We left the house at 8 a.m. and returned home close to 3 p.m.  Our Erev Rosh Hashanah dinner with Marilyn and Larry was also delightful.  I used all my good china, which looked beautiful, but it's tedious washing it all up by hand afterwards.  The beauty of it on the table and the good memories from my mother and many years of using this china makes the chore worth it.

This morning we are heading up to the ballroom for a Solivita breakfast with Ed and Susie.  It should be a lot of fun.  Then we were going to spend the rest of the day relaxing and swimming at the Cove, but the forecast is for a lot of rain starting around 9 a.m.  I guess we will play that by ear.

Now I'm starting a new year again and making resolutions.  Hey, Jews get to do that TWICE every year.  LOL  I always make the same ones about eating.  It's so hard.

Small changes are all I need.  More exercise, less snacking, less desserts in restaurants.  Really, if I would get back to walking or swimming five or six days a week, three days in the weight room, and stop drinking sugary cocktails, ordering appetizers, soups, desserts, and eating the bread basket when we are in restaurants, I'd be fine.  LOL!!  All easier said than done!!


No comments:

Post a Comment