Monday, April 18, 2016

A little bit is better than nothing

So yesterday I talked at length about the week's calories and weights.  I was up yesterday, but I'm down a little today.

The official weigh-in today is 274, so that's a loss of 1.9 pounds, nearly the two that can be expected in any week.

Well, I can't complain about that, and if I had not been getting on the scale every day, I would not know that I had actually lost a pound more than that and then at the last minute went up and then down.  Crazy.  That is definitely why Weight Watchers says just do a weekly weigh-in.  Although other programs do encourage daily weigh-ins.  I see the value in both, but I know I'm still going to get on the scale every day.

At 9 a.m. we are heading to Ormond Beach for Mark to talk to that chapter of NARFE about legislative issues facing the country and specifically NARFE right now.  Mark is the Florida Legislative Chairperson for NARFE, in charge of federal legislation.  There's actually a different person whose focus is state legislation.  In the three years that he has been in this position, this is only the second time he has been asked to come to some other chapter meeting to speak. This is the farthest away, too, because Ormond Beach is out on the Atlantic, just north of Daytona.

Evey ad Eric had a wonderful evening last night in their new home!  The current owners (Evey and Eric take possession on Friday.) invited them and many of their new neighbors to dinner.  Apparently, it was a resounding success.  The owners have lived there thirty years and raised their kids there.  Just like Mark and I did in Laurel with Lowell and Evey.  Those owners are pleased to be turning their home over to another young couple to do the same.  Also the house next door was purchased by a young couple in January.  That couple, Amy and Andrew, are shockingly like Evey and Eric.  First of all, the neighbors think it's cool that there is now the A house and the E house.  I am sure that is how they will always be called now!  Second Andrew is Jewish and Amy is not, like E and E, only the opposite person.  And Amy and Evey are virtually the same age.  Amy's birthday is April 1 and Evey is April 3, same year.  It just can't get nicer than that to move to a new neighborhood. I wish them all the best and many years of happiness in that home.

Our rehearsal and performance at the Cove yesterday went very well.  My choir did a beautiful job as did all the other soloists and ensemble.  We expected maybe 40 people, so we put out 50 chairs.  Then 75 showed up!  It was a wonderful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment