Friday, April 29, 2016

Seventh Day of Passover and Moving Day for Evey and Eric

Are you sick of eating matzah yet?  I'm not.  I do love it.  I would eat it all year except that I don't need the calories!

We took Frank up to the pool yesterday afternoon.  It was perfect weather for the pool.  He had a lovely time sitting on the bench inside the pool and relaxing and enjoying the refreshing water for about an hour.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera, so there are no pictures.  After a quick dinner, we went to the movie Steve Jobs, which was good, but it was not really about the life of Jobs. It was about his relationships with the people around him, especially his daughter Lisa.  We thought it was very well done, and Kate Winslet was outstanding as his assistant.

Today we went to shut for the seventh day.  Not many people were there, so I got the first aliyah and Mark was calling Gabbi.  It was a nice morning.  Mark and Frank watched some Westerns on TV after lunch and now both are napping. I finished my mystery novel and napped while they were watching the Westerns.

I weighed 278 this morning, so that's one more pound down.  It's going to be ugly at the doctor's office Monday morning because I will weigh in much higher there than I ever did before.  I don't think Dr. Balkman will like that.  I got my blood results back and my fasting glucose was 98, which is outstanding.  My A1C was 6.0, which is always flagged as high.  Quest says it should be under 5.7, but my last four readings (all six months apart, so the last two years worth) are 5.8, 6.0, 5.9, and this one of 6.0.  They are all flagged as high, but as long as the fasting is under 100, she thinks it's fine.  I do not believe I am a diabetic, and neither does the doctor.  My protein was one-tenth below the lowest level for normal. I never had that flagged before, so I guess I can ask about that.  The RDW, which I really don't understand, is still a few tenths high and flagged as abnormal.  She has never mentioned it, so I guess it's nothing to be concerned about.  My cholesterol numbers were outstanding, but the triglycerides were higher than usual.  I am going to blame cruising and Passover on that.  I have this appointment Monday morning at 9 a.m., so I'll see what she says about all of it. I'm not really concerned about anything except my weight.  After Passover, I'll get back to work on that.

Today is Evey and Eric's moving day.  They have had some snafus in that the moving van, scheduled for a 9-10 a.m. arrival, got in an accident on the way.  A second van had to be called out and last I heard it was about 11:30 a.m. their time and the van was not there yet.  It's going to be a long day for them, but eventually, I'm sure everything will be in the new house by tonight.  This will be their first night sleeping in their beautiful new, forever home.  Mazel Tov to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment