Friday, April 22, 2016

Oh Lord, help me get through this day.

I'm just going to list the things that went wrong yesterday and are going to have be done today.

1.  All TV cable boxes failed to work first thing yesterday morning.  Mark was able to get them all working later in the day, but he was frustrated by it.

2.  I have gained yet another pound, 275 today.  Now the seders and Passover start, so I'm frustrated.

3.  I gained the weight because I ate an extra piece of garlic toast at Denny's and way too many chocolate covered cashews because I was depressed.  Total calories 1980 yesterday, enough to gain another pound.  Now I'm a pound higher than Monday's official weigh-in weight. I'm sure my this coming Monday's weigh-in I will be up two or three more.

4.  My abdominal pain is still there and kept me up half the night.

5.  While Mark was picking Frank up at the airport, I was cleaning the kitchen and turning it over to Passover.  In the process, something snapped in my back when I bent over to get something out of a box.  Four Advils kept it at bay, but that pain slowed me down and kept me up all night, too.  It still hurts this morning.

6.  AND THE F&^%ING STOVE chose YESTERDAY to DIE!!!!!! Repairman is coming today between 1 and 6 p.m.  No cooking in our house today for a seder for eight people that will start at 7:30 tonight.  Imagine now stove all day on Thanksgiving and no ability to go out to eat.  Yeah, I cried during the night and already sat sobbing on the bed this morning.  I am beyond depressed.

7.  I am packing up all my kosher food, cookware, utensils, and serving bowls and spending the day in a non-kosher house cooking my special, kosher for Passover food over there and bringing it back here for the seder.  Thank God, my friend Susie is allowing me to do this.  We have two working microwaves, so we can reheat it all in there when it's time to serve tonight after the first half of the seder, which should be around 8:45 p.m.  No one coming to the seder gives a fig about the kashrut of the dinner except me and Mark, and we need to just get OVER IT.

8.  If it didn't hurt, I'd just want to go lay in bed all day with the cover over my head.  Or possibly just sit on the lanai drinking all day.  Neither of those are happening.

Happy Passover!  Especially to YOU, you stupid KARMA BITCH.

Good news:  Evey and Eric take the keys to their first house today. They are homeowners as of today, and they hope this will be their forever home.  A dog will be installed by the summer.  They are happy.  I am happy for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment