Saturday, April 16, 2016

Still the same

Yesterday's calories were a bit higher than they have been because of Shabbat dinner.  Having wine and challah with dinner always makes it higher.  Then I messed up and ate twice as much challah as planned and parve margarine on it, which I had not planned for at all.  My total calories were 1550, just about the max, but not over, for the day. I also swam in the pool for 20 minutes, although it was very slow swimming.  Still, it felt great to do it!  No one showed up to play Mah Jongg at the Cove at 2 p.m., so I just went in to the library and talked to Edward all afternoon.

My weight this morning is holding steady at 273.

Today my calories should be only 1200, and that will include a serving of the Mount Gay Great Cake (rum cake) that we brought back from Barbados!  All my meals will be at home, and I've already programmed them all in.

Mark is so sick with a head cold!  He has not been like this in so many years that we can't even remember the last time it happened. He had been saying since Tuesday that his throat hurt when he woke up in the morning, but it always went away.  We were blaming it on dry air.  Well, yesterday it just blew up into a very nasty head cold with lots of sniffling, sneezing, blowing his nose, and some coughing. I am praying it doesn't find me until after today and tomorrow's performances.

At 2 p.m. today we are attending the Celebration of Life of a Cove friend, Lana Van Nest, who passed away while we were on the cruise in March.  Her husband has asked me to sing something uplifting and joyful, so I'm singing a medley of "You'll Never Walk Alone/Climb Every Mountain" to a track used with Guys and Dolls. It hits some pretty high notes for me because I'm basically singing the soprano part of a choral arrangement. I hope they like it, and I hope the cold doesn't settle in by then.

Last night while watching TV, I could feel a little tingle in my throat and chest.  That's often how things start for me.  As long as it doesn't blossom out too fast, I can get through this afternoon.  Tomorrow I'm directing 9 songs for the Cove Singers' Spring Recital. I'm also supposed to sing in a six person ensemble as well as a solo.  Mark is doing all of that, too, if he can.  He can probably muddle through the chorus and ensemble songs, but he's not sure he can do the solo.

Currently, we are both taking it easy.  He is watching cartoons and I'm typing this blog.  Hot showers and lots of hot tea should help me get through today!

No comments:

Post a Comment