Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Epcot Flower and Garden Festival: Antigua on the cruise

We were having WDW Withdrawal yesterday, so we spent about three hours at Epcot for the Spring Flower and Garden Festival.  The extra flower planting and topiaries make the park especially beautiful.  We were there only three hours, but we had lunch at two of the kiosks.  We had jerk-spice grouper with mango salsa and a Tres Leches pieces of cake at one kiosk and a Vegetable-Bean Naanwich with pesto from another one.  Mark made his superb deep dish pizza last night, too.  So, I was actually pleasantly surprised that my weight stayed the same this morning at 280.2.

Today we are having dinner at the Kosher Gourmet restaurant in Kissimmee.  It will be high sodium and high calorie for sure.  To plan for that, I will have a conservative breakfast and lunch, essentially my usual.  I will also be going to Maitland with some friends, a long round trip drive, followed by running a ninety minute synagogue rehearsal tonight.  All of that should keep me out of the fridge for snacking.  LOL!

When I do eat dinner at the restaurant tonight, I am going to make a serious effort to order something sensible!  We shall see how that goes....not my strong point.

Now back to the cruise.  Here are pictures from Antigua.

Antigua was windy!

Looking down at Nelson's Dockyard from Shipley Heights, a fort.



Entering Nelson's Dockyard

Pretty coastal view as we drove from the dockyards to a beach.

Another beach where I just looked at it. I didn't even bother to put on a bathing suit this time.

Mark enjoyed a walk on the beach and a lot of reading on a chaise lounge.

Captain's Club Elite and up members were invited to stand on the ship's helipad in the bow for spillway.  Great views!

The helipad
Through the channel towards the west.  Beautiful.

This ship has a fabulous thing up on deck 15.

They do a two hour show once or twice every day!  This was the only chance I got to go there, so we had a quick dinner in the buffet and headed up. It was dark, cold, and windy up on deck 15, but the show was fascinating.

They passed around some of the glass objects they made on previous days.


No comments:

Post a Comment