Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Feeling like September

I am not talking about the weather.  Yesterday as the day went on, I had the same heavy, uncomfortable feeling in my lower abdomen that I had back in September.  Then I was panicked that it was something dreadful and gynecological.  I went to the GYN, had a lot of tests, and found nothing wrong.  After a week, it went away.  My family doctor said in October that perhaps it was diverticulitis flaring up and that I should call her to get antibiotics if it came back.

Well, it came back yesterday and got worse as the day went on.  I have a prescription for Doxycycline that I got as a precaution before a cruise because I thought I was getting an infection in my toenail.  It never materialized, so I never took the pills.  Last night I took one and this morning I took a second.  It's a ten day supply, so I'm going to finish them just in case that it is diverticulitis.  So uncomfortable.

Mark was great at the Ormond Beach NARFE meeting.  We posted some pictures on Facebook, but I can't put them here because they are on my phone.  I still can't figure out how to get pictures off my phone and into Picasa anymore.  Ah...updates that break things....gotta love them.  After the meeting, instead of driving back to Epcot, which I would not have had the strength to do anyway, we did a driving loop around Ormond Beach that included beautiful views of the Atlantic Ocean, several state parks, and river views.  It was great.  Again, I didn't take my camera, so all those pictures are on the camera, too.  I might put some up on Facebook later today of that pretty drive.

Today we are driving to Lakeland for our NARFE Board Meeting, followed by the movie Jungle Book back at Disney Springs, followed by a trip to the Winn-Dixie to see if they finally have any Passover parve margarine in the store.  Crazy how that is such a hold up this year in our shopping.  I'm just hoping the discomfort in my abdomen does not interfere with these plans.

Meanwhile, I lost another pound and a half. I was 272.5 this morning, which was great.  Our plan was to eat at Subway yesterday because we didn't think lunch was part of the meeting.  We were wrong.  There was a pris fixe menu that included a fried grouper sandwich and fries and a drink.  Mark's lunch was comped since he was the speaker, so he saved money just buying mine.  The grouper was literally the only thing on the menu we could get, and it was delicious.  It was completely coated in Corn Flakes and fried and HUGE on a HUGE bun with a reasonable portion of fries.  I ate it all.  Then one of the ladies at our table said, "Here, you have to try this."  It was a pretzel roll, about seven inches long, covered in kosher salt and oil.  I had been eyeing it in the bread basket and kept telling myself no.  Then she hands it to me; I took it; I ate it all.  OY!  I estimated my lunch calories at 1150, almost a whole day's worth.  I had already had my usual breakfast.  Also it was National Animal Cracker Day.  Mark had bought a bag, so I had planned to eat 10 of them for 75 calories. If I ate dinner, too, I was going over my allotment of calories. I thought I could walk a half hour or so, but I didn't feel well enough to do that.  So I just skipped dinner.  I really felt so bad by the time we got home at 6 p.m. that I wasn't hungry and didn't want dinner anyway.  Around 9 p.m. I ate a banana and the 10 Animal Crackers.  That gave me a calorie count of 1529.  Just under my allotment of 1553.  Note, my allotment went down a few calories when I logged in my weight yesterday morning.  So this morning I was pleased that I did that and got a pound and a half of weight off instead of gaining from that big lunch!

Today we will eat lunch out at Beef O'Brady's at the Board Meeting. I always order the Big Catch Salad which is a fair sized portion of grilled tilapia on an entree sized salad.  I estimate that lunch to be 300 calories, a lot better than yesterday's lunch!




No comments:

Post a Comment