Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Sodium does its thing.

I'm up a pound today to 273.5.  I am blaming it on sodium.  That Big Catch Salad at Beef O'Brady's yesterday was extremely salty.  It was also a lot more calories than I had estimated the previous time. I had guessed it was 320, but yesterday I found it listed online at 670.  I had forgotten how huge the portion of fish was, probably 10 ounces, and there were also croutons and cheese.  Still, my total calorie count was 1529, just under the limit of 1553.  So, I am blaming the gain on sodium and hope to see it gone tomorrow.

I guess it was foolish to think that in just three weeks I could get under 270 when I was starting at about 283.  Probably I should be very happy that I have lost about 10 pounds in just under three weeks.  In fact, I KNOW that I should be happy about that.

Once Passover starts, there will a lot more sodium in the food than our usual food.  And no matter how hard I will try to log food in and keep track, I just KNOW I will be eating more than 1553 calories on many days.  It's just hard.  My goal during the 8 days of Passover, which somehow always is really 9 days of Passover food, is just not to gain more than one or two pounds, optimally stay the same.  We shall see.  Tomorrow Frank arrives, the kitchen gets completely turned over, dinner is eaten out, and Passover is ON.

We went to the new live action Disney's Jungle Book yesterday, and it was spectacular.  I say "live action" when I really mean one live boy and a lot of CGI.  Still, it was unbelievable.

Then we learned that Central Florida is NOT going to EVER get parve margarine this year.  I don't think that has ever happened to us.  We kept getting promised from our two Winn-Dixies that it was coming, but yesterday they said it wasn't coming at all.  They said they would be getting a different vendor next year, which is nice, but this year we are all doing without.  Last week Mark could have paid a ridiculous shipping charge of $50 to have it shipped here from NY, but now even that opportunity is over.  I use that parve margarine in my special asparagus recipe that I ONLY make on Passover, but now I will have to think of something else instead.  I am thinking that maybe I can make it with just some oil, but I don't know if that will work.  It's absolutely unbelievable that we can't get Passover margarine in Central Florida.  Ridiculous!

Today I have to drive up to Winter Park for my final follow up with the eye surgeon. I think they look great; the swelling is all gone; the scar is minimal; my vision is vastly improved.  I don't see any reason why she will want to look at it again.  And then tonight I have the SOJC choir rehearsal.  We have two performances coming up, May 12 and May 15.  Then I can take a break from choirs for awhile, although the Cove Singers are going to do a sing-along on the Fourth of July.

PS.  I am still having that pain in my abdomen.  I took the Doxycycline, starting Monday night, so I have taken four pills.  I plan to finish the 10 day course.  I have my regular six month check up with my family doctor on May 2, so I can at least discuss this with her at that point.  My fall back is to go to an ER if it gets really bad.  So far it is staying steady.


No comments:

Post a Comment