Sunday, May 29, 2016

Epcot Soarin' Over California, the final time

One of our all time favorite rides anywhere has been closed for months to build a third theater and to replace the California film with a new one about wonders of the world.  Now the ride has reopened and for just about a week or so, it is going to run the old film, Soarin' over California, in a cleaned up, high def version.  As soon as we heard this, we jumped on a Fast Pass for today at 11:35 a.m.  We will be heading over there shortly for that final ride.  We plan to stay all day, enjoy some more of the beautiful topiaries and exhibits for the Flower and Garden Show, catch the Spinners in concert at 5:30, and see the Pixar film shorts in the old Captain EO theater.  It's going to be a lovely Epcot day.

Yesterday I logged all my calories in faithfully and hit 1560, which is what I should eat according to the Lose It! program.  I didn't even get dressed yesterday, so there was no exercise at all.  I may or may not have lost weight.  It depends on whether I report the weight before or after my morning shower.  I got up and weighed myself, 277.3, a smudge higher than yesterday, then took a shower, then weighed again, 275.3, two pound loss.  Two pounds gone for washing my hair and body!  LOL!  So maybe I lost some; maybe I didn't  I don't know.

We will be eating lunch at food kiosk at Epcot, so there will probably be a lot of sodium.  Who knows what's in that food, but there will be a lot of walking around in 92 heat, so I should be fine.  Maybe I'll drop some more weight after tomorrow's shower!

Here are some pictures from Bermuda.

World's Smallest Drawbridge

In Hamilton, but everything was closed because it was Sunday.

Posing with our bus driver guide, Sweyn Goddard, and talking about Robert Goddard and Goddard Space Flight Center.

Signing the guest book in St. George.

Loved all the colorful houses

At a brief beach stop.

Climbed to the top of the hill to see Gibb's Hill Lighthouse.

View from the top of the hill.

Played mini-golf after the tour, but it was very windy!

I was ahead all the way up until this hole.  Then Mark won by one stroke.

2 comments: