Monday, May 16, 2016

Evey got Kiwi!

First, let's start with Kiwi.  Evey and Eric adopted a dog yesterday.  She surprised me when she sent a text of a very cute, medium-sized, brown dog resting on her lap in the backseat of their car.  They drove to a foster home in Santa Cruz to pick up Kiwi.  She is maybe 2-3 years old, spayed, in good health, and sweet-natured.  She is not very trained since her original owners just kept her in a garage all the time and didn't try to house break her or really do anything with her.  They finally turned her in to the San Jose Animal Shelter because they realized they were neglecting her.  Then the foster family took her for awhile and got her into better health.

Second, the concert yesterday was our best yet.  There were nine of us and six microphones, so the acoustics were perfect.  It was also indoors on a stage.  I could hear all the harmonies, and the sound man, the same one who did Thursday evening, was able to balance everything perfectly.  Everyone said we sounded fantastic.  Plus Mark found his SOJC t-shirt, so we all matched!

I had planned to post pictures of this today, but the blog website is acting funky and won't let me open the link to any pictures for some reason.  I might try again later to add them.

Third, when the doctor's office opens at 8 a.m., I will call and ask about being seen or at least getting a prescription and a scrip for a scan of some kind.  That's what she wanted me to do, so hopefully her office staff will facilitate this happening.  I never did get a fever again.  Yesterday didn't hurt too bad at all, but this morning it's definitely still there.  It's about the same as yesterday.  Since we are going on the cruise Thursday afternoon, I would really like to have antibiotics to take along with me.

Fourth, it's Weigh-in Monday.  I weigh 278.5, half a pound up from last Monday.  I ate out for lunch yesterday, and it was high sodium.  That was probably the reason for the slight gain.  It might not be gone tomorrow because we are having a kosher hot dog dinner at the Shalom Club tonight. More sodium! I didn't really try to diet too much today.  I ate out several times and exercised zero times.  That's what you get.  I am glad I'm only up a half.  It's a far cry from the excitement I felt after the last cruise, thinking that I had about six weeks between cruises and hoping to be down ten pounds before this week's cruise.  I did not do that at all, but I am down from the 283.2 that I weighed the day we got off the cruise ship on April 3.

I'll check back either later today or tomorrow to see if the picture posting link is functioning.  If it is, I will add pictures of Kiwi and the SOJC choir performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment