Saturday, May 14, 2016

Shabbat rest at home.

Yesterday was lovely.  We tidied up the house for the cleaning people and then headed to the Cove for a picnic lunch.  We found friends Marilyn and Larry there, so we ate at Cheeks with them.  I brought my picnic back home and ordered the Garden Baked Potato instead.  Delicious.  Mark went to the library at 1, but the rest of us sat and talked at the table until 2:30.  I played in the pool by myself for a solid hour at that point, sat in the hot tub for ten minutes, and laid on a chaise in the sun until Mark came out at 4.  Then we went in the pool again for 25 minutes before heading home for Shabbat dinner.  Fabulous.

The only thing that wasn't fabulous is that I woke up yesterday with the same lower abdominal discomfort that I had at the end of August and again the week of Passover.  Both of those times it lasted exactly eight days, with days 3, 4, and 5 being the worst.  Because of that, we decided not to go to shut last night, which was the original plan, and not to go today either.  This morning, it's still hurting, but it hasn't gone into that sharp, focused pain on the lower left side like the previous two times.  I have a heavy feeling, an "out of sorts," "not quite myself," feeling.  I even took my temp last evening because I thought I was getting a fever, but I did not have one.  So far this morning, it's just like yesterday.

My primary care doctor suspects diverticulitis, which I did have once before in the early 2000s.  I actually went to the ER that time and was put on an antibiotic.  She wants me to get a CT scan while it's hurting.  It never got bad enough yesterday to call them, and of course now they are closed.  If the sharp pain starts tomorrow, then I'll call on Monday and try to get in for a CT scan right away somewhere.  And as I always tell Mark, if it gets REALLY bad, I'll go to an ER like I did before.

The last two times it happened, I know I had eaten popcorn.  That's what sent me to the ER the first time, and what probably set it off in August and April.  This time I did not eat any popcorn, but I did eat a LOT of cashews earlier in the week one afternoon.  So....could be those this time.

Well, of course, I'll keep you posted.  I am just hoping it goes away by Thursday because we are getting on the Carnival Victory to Bermuda that afternoon!

Tomorrow the SOJC choir is singing six songs at the Rosen JCC for another Israel Independence Day Celebration.  I actually have a solo in one of the songs, too, so there is NO not going there no matter how I feel!  Well, someone else could sing the solo.  The Rabbi could do it because there are three verses, and he's one of the verses.  He could do mine, too, but someone would have to give pitches and get them started.  Hopefully, no matter how I feel tomorrow, it won't prevent me from showing up with the group and getting through one more show.

No comments:

Post a Comment