Monday, May 2, 2016

Primary Care doctor visit today.

Today at 9 a.m. Mark and I have our six month check ups at the primary care doctor's office, Dr. Balkman.  This will be Mark's first physical since he went on Medicare.  I know he'll have it paid.  This is only six months later for me, so I'm not entirely convinced Medicare will pay it.  If they don't, I will not be going back more than once a year from now on.

I'm going to get yelled at by her today, I think.  My weight is 278 at home this morning, naked and without breakfast.  With clothes, after breakfast, and on her scale, I usually weigh about three more pounds.  This will be about 281, I predict, and I've NEVER weighed that in her office before. I'm sure she won't like it.  Also my triglycerides were very high, which hasn't happened before, so I'm sure she will make a connection.  I just realized that I am now repeating myself because I wrote about this and my other blood work numbers in the previous blog.  Sorry.

What I should say is that I'm down three pounds for the week since last Monday when I reported a weight of 281.  That was primarily due to eating two big seder meals and lots of sodium the few days before.  Now it's Monday and things are going back to normal.  I am still hoping to be in the low 270s or in the high 260s even before our next cruise in about three weeks.

Saturday was the last day of Passover.  We went to synagogue services and said Yizkor.  Then we ran out before Musaf to go see the Live from the Met Elektra performance.  It was amazing.  What a difficult role for the lead character.  She is on stage for two solid hours with no break. It's a two hour one-act opera, and she's there all the time and singing most of the time.  It was worth seeing.

After the opera, we went back and put the kitchen back to normal.  It's almost as much work to get things put back as to get it set up.  It took two hours.  And we're not done!  We have lots of boxes and things piled up on the dining room table and some pantry food still in boxes in the bedroom.  We didn't even get the tin foil out of the fridge or pantry yet.  We will get everything finished by the end of this week for sure.

Sunday we took Frank to the airport.  I think he had a good visit.  He sure is frail and walking, shuffling, only a few inches at a time, so it takes him forever to get anywhere.  After we dropped him off, we had a quick lunch and then went to Mosaics to help Susie and Ed get set up for their party.  That only took an hour.  At home we practiced our song, talked to Mark Wyatt on the phone for an hour about his upcoming eye surgery on May 18, and got dressed to go back to the party.  Susie and Ed's party was a huge success.  They had a great time, and we all danced the night away.  Even Mark and I broke a sweat dancing four dances in a row and many more than that over the evening.  We sang our little song, which was full of snafus, including the song skipping the end and going to another song.  We sang the final chorus a cappella.  But no one cared.  They loved it!

Evey and Eric are still working on unpacking boxes.  I love that she sends me pictures in text messages when she gets a little something set up.  It's really a great thing to watch them settle into their new home.




No comments:

Post a Comment