Thursday, May 19, 2016

Off to Bermuda

This morning I weighed in at 275.5 to start the cruise.  I am up half a pound from yesterday, but that's ok.  I ate more yesterday.  Mark brought me a loaf of white bread when he shopped.  I had two slices with Smart Beat margarine three times during the day.  These were big heavy slices, too.  120 calories each.  I had two bowls of my homemade turkey soup for lunch and two for dinner.  Other than that, I also an 80 calorie yogurt for breakfast with a banana, four sugar free hellos spread throughout the day, and the last banana at midnight to go with the Flagyl.  I didn't log it in to the Lose It! program, but I'm pretty sure that was a lot of calories.  I'm not unhappy with this weight as we leave for the cruise today.  It's lower than I have been when setting out on a trip since last August when I was 273 on the way to Hawaii.

We are leaving at noon to head to Port Canaveral for the eight day cruise to Bermuda.  Sunday through Tuesday we will be docked at King's Wharf.  We booked a five hour bus tour of the highlights of the island for Sunday and a bus to take us to a beach for about four hours on Monday.  We didn't make a shore excursion for Tuesday, so we'll play it by ear.  The phone weather app has rain on all three days, so maybe we will just have to sit on the ship.  Who knows?

Mark packed last night, but I did not.  I was watching the three hour Survivor finale. Much more fun.

I can still feel discomfort in the abdomen.  I am still counting on the antibiotic to do its job and get me through this.  The last thing I want to do is end up in a hospital in Bermuda.  LOL!  I think I feel a little worse this morning because I ate too much yesterday.  It might have been that I should have stuck to clear liquids for those two days and started eating only today.  Or maybe six slices of that heavy white bread was just too much.  I need to be very careful about what I eat on this ship.

Although I'll be taking my laptop, I won't be writing blogs until I get back next Friday evening.

OK, my Flagyl alarm just went off.  Time for my 8 a.m. pill and something to eat with it.  Have a great week.  Talk to you next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment