Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday...a little on the cool side

We were going to go to water aerobics this morning, but it was barely making it to 70 degrees by then.  We are such wimps that we decided to go take a walk instead.  Hopefully, we will head out for that around 10 a.m.

Later it will be 79, so I'll probably swim and do some exercise at the Cove around 1 p.m. and then play Mah Jongg at 2.  Mark will be cooped up in the library from 1-4 anyway.

Wednesday and Thursday were days filled with working in the house and shopping.  Those chores literally took all day!  Last night, we went to a wine tasting party at the home of some friends, just one mile up the road.  It was our first time at their house.  Beautiful.  They have a huge house and a huge pool and hot tub in their lanai.  After the wine tasting (all dry reds from Spain, so I hated them all), we all swam and talked until nearly midnight.  So much fun!

Unfortunately, I also ate way too much both days.  On Wednesday, all my meals were at home, but I ate too many snacks at bedtime. Yesterday, with all the running around and shopping we did, we ended up eating lunch at the kosher restaurant in Kissimmee. I had the schwarma in a pita.  It was so good.  Then, because it was Cinco de Mayo, we had Amy's frozen entrees, cheese enchilada with black beans and corn.  So good.  All was well until I went to the party where I ate chips and queso dip....way too much of it.  There was also the four two-ounce pours of the different dry reds followed by a fabulous six ounce serving of a home made sangria.  That was the best drink of the night!

So with all the overeating, starting with lunch out on Tuesday, I am not surprised to be up to 279 this morning.

Tonight we are having our Shabbat dinner of leftovers from Passover: chipotle sausage, hot dogs, kishka and gravy, wine, challah.  I actually took the time to load that into my Lose It! program, and it came up at 1423 calories,virtually my entire day.  I only ate yogurt for breakfast.  I will have just green beans and a can of tuna for lunch.  That will push me over somewhat, but if I walk 30 minutes, it will bring me to under the daily allotment by 7 calories.  If I can get some water aerobics and/or swimming in at 1 p.m., I can probably have a little bedtime snack tonight.  Maybe some sugar free jello at least.  That's the goal for today.

Tomorrow all my meals will be at home, and hopefully, I will not allow myself to eat too many unplanned snacks.  Sunday will be a Mother's Day Brunch at the Contemporary Inn at WDW for the DVC Mother's Day Brunch.  Maybe dinner will be small that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment