Wednesday, May 4, 2016

What a rainy day!

We hardly ever have an all-day rainstorm, but we are having it today.  Currently, at 8:15 a.m. there is thunder, lightening, and heavy rain.  It's scheduled to last until about 8 p.m. tonight.   Wow!  I'm glad I'm not working anymore, or I would have been out driving in it this morning.  Crazy.  Retirement is better.  We have decided to cancel our trip to the grocery store and do chores at home.  There are plenty of chores to do, too.  I still have two huge baskets of clean clothes to fold and put away, two boxes of food from the pantry in the bedroom to bring out and stow away, and dozens of boxes and bags of Passover stuff to put back in the spare room closet.  That should keep me pretty busy.  In addition, we are hoping to watch a movie version of Far From the Madding Crowd now that we have finished the book.

Our trip to the Dali Museum yesterday was perfect.  That museum does such a great job of showing the relationship between Dali and other artists.  About a year and a half ago we went to the Dali and Picasso exhibit.  Yesterday it was Dali and Disney.  They put Dali and Disney art next to each other as well as interesting things about their lives and with the audio wands tell you how the two men were similar.  It was very interesting, and we really never realized how surreal so much of Disney's work was.  We also watched their one collaborative effort, the 7 minute cartoon Destino.  In fact, we watched it twice!

No pictures are allowed in the traveling exhibits, so I only took a few pictures of the outside.

Mark loved his Grouper Reuben at Skipper's Smokehouse, too. I got a blackened grouper sandwich with pepper jack cheese and a side of their vegan black beans and rice.  Delicious. The place was easy to get to, but looked like such a dive.  We would never have gone in there if we hadn't seen the AAA rating and the Travel Channel reviews!  Looks can be deceiving. I'm glad we went.

My breakfast and lunch were small, but the lunch was big.  I also ate too many late night snacks.  So although I got up three times to pee during the night, I was actually up one pound today to 278.4.  Sad.

Skipper's Smokehouse

Happy that he sees Grouper Reuben on the menu.

Outside the Dali Museum

Ready to go into the special exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment