Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day...a time to remember.

I know I have written blogs about Memorial Day and Veterans Day celebrations here in Solivita before.  It's one of the nicest things that happen here.  I am picking up my friend Donna this morning at 8 to go up to Freedom Park.  The singers from Guys and Dolls or Staliters will be singing several patriotic songs and all of the armed forces songs during the ceremony.

This afternoon I will play Mah Jongg at my neighbor's house, and tonight we will have dinner at Susie and Ed's house and then play Rummycube.  Such a good day.

We walked almost 13, 000 steps in our eight hours in Epcot, so even though I ate food from three kiosks plus a gelato in Italy, my weight is an even 275 this morning, exactly where I was when we left for the cruise and 3.5 pounds DOWN from two weeks ago when I reported my last weigh-in Monday.  I'm pretty pleased about that.

We had a great time at Epcot yesterday, especially riding Soarin' Over California one final time.

Here are some pictures from our second day on Bermuda and a few pictures from Epcot.

On our second day in Bermuda, it rained so hard in the morning that we cancelled our beach day and just relaxed on board.


The third day, we went out to the Royal Navy Dockyard and went through the National Museum.

The Commissioner's House is now three floors of exhibits about the history of Bermuda.

View from the front porch on the second floor of the house.

Looking out over more parts of the Dockyard.

Snorkel Beach is just behind the ramparts of the fort.


The courtesy shuttle train that takes you from the ship to the dockyard with six convenient HOHO stops.






First of three food kiosks for lunch, a mushroom and cheese quesadilla in Mexico.

Beautiful orchids

With the dragon topiary in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment