Saturday, February 27, 2010

Be Happy; It's Purim.

We went to synagogue today because we will have no opportunity to do that again for the next seven weeks. It was nice seeing everyone, but tonight we'll see them again and even more folks. It's Purim, and at our shul that's one crazy, crazy night. Mark and I just made up 23 Shalach Manot bags containing an assortment of 3 Hamantaschen and either two different granola bars or an apple and a dark chocolate square. This is the first year that Mark did not "personalize" these bags. In the past he would put one hamantaschen per person in the family plus raisins, nuts, and many chocolates. He also decorated the bags and wrote the receiving family's name so we knew who was going to get each bag. It was easier when the kids were here to help. This year we just made them generic and didn't even sign the bags with our name. Sigh. Still, it's the thought that counts and people always enjoy exchanging them. I'm sure I'll come home with several bags full of goodies that I shouldn't eat. I already scarfed down 3 Hamantaschen just making up these bags.

I've been eating way too much because today I got on the scale and I'm up FIVE pounds since Tuesday. Sigh. Where is my self-control and discipline? It seems to have flown the coop.

No comments:

Post a Comment