Saturday, February 20, 2010

What a good day.

Today was a wonderful day. It started off with a nutritious, and fairly reasonable, hotel breakfast of two hard-boiled eggs, a 4 ounce container of sugar-free yogurt, and a very small biscuit with a small amount of jelly on it. Then we went to synagogue services. We had not been to the synagogue since the last weekend in January for the show and the after-show clean up. It was good to see all of our friends, and we were called up to the Torah. Mark "benched gomel," which is a prayer for coming through something life-threatening. I also put him on the prayer list for continued healing. I did not eat anything but some hot tea at the kiddush, then we went to Subway for lunch where I ate only the 190 calorie double-meat turkey breast salad. I had a nice 25 minute walk in the hallway at the hotel. I did 20 round trips up and down the hall at a brisk pace with my iPod. It was fun. I haven't had a nice brisk walk for nearly a month. At 5 p.m. we met our Pentathlon buddies: Phyllis, Saul, Cindy, Ken, Denise, Logan, and Kip. We had a wonderful dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse, which is one of our favorite restaurants. I had a salad, a 7 ounce grilled salmon, seasonal veggies (broccoli, snap peas, squash), and asparagus. I drank half a shot of whiskey with that and some black coffee. Excellent choices today. We went back to the house to show Cindy, Ken, and Denise the shambles of our house. Then Mark printed out things he needs for his class at the synagogue tomorrow morning. It's the end of the era for that class since tomorrow is the last one ever. I played with the bunny rabbit while he did that. She seemed to enjoy the attention. I gave her a big plate of veggies and tossed in a few extra craisins. She is such a good bunny rabbit. She is so adaptable to her situation, no matter where she is or how much space she has. I guess that's why she has survived so many owners and environments. Maybe we can all learn something about dealing with change from the bunny rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment