Monday, February 22, 2010

Skipped a day?

Yesterday was so busy that I did not write a blog entry. I only figured that out just now because when I logged into today, there wasn't a Sunday entry. How odd. Just shows how busy and crazy things have been.

Despite the craziness, my food yesterday was pretty good. It included the Subway lunch and Denny's dinner. That's always great. I brought my scale to the hotel yesterday and jumped on it this morning: 206. That's what I was last Tuesday, so as long as today is ok, I guess I will have stayed the same for this week. Considering what's going on in my life, that's just fine.

I am down to my final week of work, but I'm not going in on Tuesday or Friday. I have to work with the contractors in the house tomorrow morning to replace the furniture in the right places in all the bedrooms. Friday I have to take Mark to two cardiology appointments. So I guess I only have two more days in the classroom, EVER. I'm not complaining about that. As I said to Mark at dinner last night, going to work is getting in the way of my life! He knew exactly how I felt because it's how he felt before retirement. I never had this feeling before because when I actually retired in 2002, I knew I was just going right back to the same position for two more years. Then when I left music teaching in 2004, I knew I was facing six years of more work, just at a new school in a new position. Both times I was very excited about the prospects. Now I'm just DONE. I want to move on to a life that includes no job, and that will begin on Friday. YAY!! I'm just as excited about that as the upcoming trip or the house renovations or the future move to Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment