Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday Weigh-In and Free Food!

Sadly I have to write down a weight gain for this week. Last Tuesday I was 206.6 and today I up exactly two pounds, 208.6 I'm not happy, but neither am I surprised. I'm pleased that I'm still under 210 and that I'm just a fraction under the 209 that I weighed for the show on January 30. All I can do is try to do better. Looking on the bright side, last year on this date, I weighed 304. I had been dieting for six weeks at that point, and I am still on the right road. This is probably the longest I have ever stayed on the right road! I have never lost over 100 pounds before in my whole life!!

In ten minutes I'm going to drink a big bottle of some citrus-flavored thick liquid in preparation for an abdominal CT scan to let the surgeon see what my new hernia is doing. My appointment is for 9:30 this morning. Normally I'd leave at 8:45 to drive up to the northern part of Columbia, but today we plan to go at 8:30. I'm not sure how long it will take to get out of my parking spot! My tires appear to be encased in ice. If we get out ok and can do the CT scan, we hope to do some grocery shopping before coming home and before the next big storm hits. We have heard some news reports that the stores are pretty empty right now, and I expect the crowds to be huge today. Neither Mark nor I are looking forward to the shopping chore.

Another positive is that my brother Kip, his son, and a Kip's friend Michael are coming this weekend to load the POD!! That is very exciting! Another friend is coming at the same time to load his car with the items that we hope to sell. We struck a deal with him for a 60/40 split. He'll take the stuff, sell it on E-bay, Craigslist, or yard sales, and keep 40% after expenses. He will send us a check for the balance. Anything he can't sell will be donated, so at least we'll get the tax deduction. It's a good deal all around. So this is an exciting weekend, and right now it's also snow-free.

One other thing for today: Denny's is giving away FREE Grand Slam breakfasts today nationwide from early this morning until 2 p.m. Our plan is to make that our lunch today if the snow holds off. I'll let you know if the CT scan, shopping, free b'fast/lunch works out!! If you have the ability to go to Denny's and get a free Gland Slam breakfast yourself today, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment