Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday at work

I went to work today, two hour late opening. Can't complain. It was weird coming back after being gone nearly two weeks. For the whole school system there have only been 8 days of work in three weeks, but I only worked 3 of those days. Next week is my last week, and I'm taking off the Friday to take Mark to his two cardiology appointments, so I'm down to the FINAL FOUR work days.

I did not eat especially well today because I had a donut at the hotel breakfast. I also had my usual eggs and yogurt. Today I just gave in to the donut. Sadly last night at Silver Diner I gave in to a big dinner, a glass of wine, and most of Mark's gigantic biscuit. I think by Tuesday I should be able to find the scale in the bathroom, and I bet I won't like the number I find on it.

The workmen are still in the house. It's still pretty chaotic in there, but things are looking good. The bunny room is being done while I'm typing this (at Starbucks on their wi-fi network!). That room looked great with no wallpaper, no torn carpet, fresh paint. I like it. All our electrical outlets are shiny and new today. The new light fixtures in the two hallways and the two main floor bathrooms really look awesome. Also, we are loving the new medicine cabinets. They still have to put down the tile in the kitchen, finish painting the basement, lay carpet down the stairs and into the basement, and spiff up the newly-uncovered wood floors in four rooms. I don't see how they are going to get that all done today. We know they are coming back on Monday; we just don't know exactly what will get done today and what will be left for Monday.

The bunny rabbit ran into her crate this morning when she heard the workmen come in. Up until then, about 15 minutes, she was hopping around the room, eating her usual morning treats. When she heard the men make some noise, she quickly hopped into the corner of her crate. Gotcha!! We closed it up and moved her to the floor of Lowell's room. She has sat in there all day, but she's got food, hay, water, and a litter pan, so she's surviving if not happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment