Saturday, March 12, 2011

The BIG 6-0 for MARK!! Happy B'day, Sweetie!




It's Mark's sixtieth birthday. I like it when he finally catches up to me so I don't feel old by myself. LOL!!

I didn't buy him any "thing" for his birthday. Both of us are less interested in acquiring more objects for the house than in experiencing things we can remember. Over a year ago, we were having dinner with Evey at Raglan Road. We saw that they had a $60 shot of Irish whiskey, and I joked with him that I would buy him that shot on his 60th birthday. When we were there Monday with Rudy, I ascertained that shot is still there at the same price, so we have a reservation for dinner and whiskey at 6:15 this evening.

In the meantime, I bought him two tickets to a grapefruit league game. The local Kissimmee stadium is called the Osceola County Stadium and is the spring training home for the Houston Astros. This afternoon they play the great Baltimore Orioles. The stadium is only about 7 minutes up the road from my cancer center, so on Wednesday we went up there first and got two tickets for behind home plate. It's a tiny stadium, seating about 5,300, but built by the same architect who built Camden Yards. Interesting. It's the smallest grapefruit league stadium in the country. In fact, the Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen, home of the Ironbirds, holds 6,000. We went there one time and thought it was so tiny. We can't imagine how it will feel in the Osceola stadium this afternoon. There is also NO shade whatsoever, according to their website. Today it's going to be sunny and in the low-70s, so we will bring hats and sunscreen. It should be delightful!

So Mark's birthday should be a good one, full of things he loves like baseball, the Orioles, and whiskey. I hope it's a good one for him. He has been such a rock for me the last few months, taking care of me and Cindy in Baltimore, and now taking care of me in Poinciana. I would only always want the very best of everything for this fabulous man. Every day I thank God, literally, for sending him to me as my b'shert and life partner. Happy Birthday, Sweetie, and many, many more!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Mark! I hope that you both have alot of fun today. A baseball game in a tiny stadium and a $60 shot of whiskey sound good to me.

    I am going to start delivering newspapers on Monday am. I start at 2:30 am. It's not a lot of money, but I think I will enjoy the paid exercise. My husband is not excited about the hours but I figure I can always come home and catch a nap. I'll never know if I like it unless I try it. It actually sounds kind of fun to me. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 60th to Mark! Enjoy your evening out and tell him I wish for the coming year to be his best one yet. You are doing wonderful Becky. You are strong and focused and that will get you through this.

    I am 1/3 done with my radiation, having had treatment #11 yesterday (Friday). My RO has me use original Eucerin lotion (not cream but lotion) and I can use it 2 x a day. He has me use Caress soap for bathing. So far I'm doing fine skin wise. Like you, I hope it continues that way.

    It's nice to have you back Becky.

    Hugs,
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky,
    I just saw the pictures that you posted from Mark's birthday party and I think that they are beautiful. I am glad you had a good time together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please wish Mark a Happy 60th Birthday from us! It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday day planned for him.

    ReplyDelete