Monday, March 14, 2011

IKEA day

Mark and I went shopping at IKEA this morning and had a nice time exploring some different areas of Orlando. When we were in Maryland, we had gone to the local IKEA to look at furniture and plan what to get. Then when we got back here, I had to measure the rooms to see if what we picked out would fit, and it did. So, today we bought a sleep sofa, a tall six drawer dresser for Mark, a tall skinny six drawer dresser with a mirror in the top for Mark, and four DVD towers. This will all be delivered tomorrow afternoon for a reasonable price. We also had $300 in gift cards to help defray the costs. Thanks to everyone who gave us IKEA gift cards for the holidays. They were well used today.

Unfortunately the dining room table and chairs that we wanted was temporarily out of stock. The table is expected to be there Saturday, but the chairs won't be there for another two weeks. We hope to coordinate the purchase so we only have to pay one more delivery charge; however, we were cautioned that the table is a popular item and sells out quickly. Well, we'll have to see how it goes.

Mark and I also went to a nearby Super Target looking for kosher food. After living in the Baltimore-Washington area my whole life, and the Pikesville area for the five months with Cindy, we are spoiled with finding all the kosher things we want. We had been told the Super Target had some stuff, and they did. We found fresh kosher hamburger, rib eye steaks, chicken breasts, and other meats. They also had kosher for passover cheese and cans of tuna in water. We stocked up on both. Hopefully as Passover gets closer, some more stuff will come in. There are yet other stores to explore. It's kind of fun going on the kosher food hunt, but it's time consuming. Having to rush back to go to radiation every afternoon sort of puts a time crunch on everything.

I made it back from our shopping spree with just 15 minutes to grab a late lunch and head out to radiation. This was the first day that I went by myself. Mark has other chores to do, not the least of which is to start the taxes. Tomorrow the furniture will get delivered, so I'll go by myself again tomorrow. It's not a problem to go alone unless I get sore or too tired in the future. Right now, there is no reason why Mark has to continue to go with me. I have appreciated his company in the car, but today I had John Lennon's company on a CD.

For the first time, the radiation techs were a half hour behind. By the time I got home at 4:45, I could barely drag myself out of the car and straight into bed for a thirty minute nap! Then, it was up and at'em and off to the gym. Mark and I both did our weight routines, but I did not get on the bicycle. I'm counting all the walking around IKEA and the Super Target as my aerobic workout for today!

1 comment:

  1. The furniture sounds nice. When you get it in and fixed up I would love to see some pictures of it only when you get the energy. I hope that radiation keeps going well for you and that they aren't behind today.

    ReplyDelete