Saturday, March 19, 2011

Shul and Something Else

I would like to do shul and pool today, but I'm not allowed in the pool. The chlorine is too harsh for skin being radiated daily. Sigh...

We went to shul this morning anyway. Even though we were kind of late, we each were given honors. I had the fifth aliyah. That was the first time I was given an aliyah, so I really did feel honored. Mark lifted the second Torah and did a great job. At kiddush I resisted eating any hamantaschen. This is probably the first Purim in over three decades that I have not eaten hamantaschen. Sigh....again.

Now we're home and eating healthy lunches. Mark wants to go lay at the pool anyway, so I'm going to go with him. I'll cover up real good because I shouldn't have much sun around that area either, and I won't be able to get in the water. I hope I find a shady spot. I wouldn't mind a nap on a chaise lounge in the shade. Anticipatory Sigh...

At 6 p.m. we have tickets to a dinner/theater thing in our community. We bought the two tickets before we went away on the cruise, without realizing that Purim is tonight. Mark is going to go to the buffet dinner and then leave to go back to shul for the megillah reading. At shul today they announced that it is not a full megillah reading, but that it will be lots of fun for kids. Mark winced as he listened to that, remembering how great it is at Mishkan Torah. Wistful Sigh...

I'm going to stay and watch the show after the dinner. At first I thought it was going to be a musical of some kind, then I understood that it was going to be people singing, finally I got it. It's people lip-synching. HUGE Sigh....

Meanwhile, Mark has three of the DVD towers up now. It looks really, really great. We are going to buy four more for a total of eight towers. I also plan to buy two other book cabinets. One in white to put next to the DVD towers to replace an old brown TV cabinet that currently displays a variety of tschokes. I also need a brown book cabinet to replace our dining room book cabinet that holds all the Jewish books and objects. The old cabinet is too small and falling apart. I can't empty the last three books of Jewish books until I replace this cabinet. We are planning another trip to IKEA this week to buy these cabinets and the dining room table. Mark commented yesterday that he is really enjoying seeing the house improve little by little. He is not alone in that feeling. Happy Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment