Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bye Bye Evey





Sad day, Evey had to go home.

We got up very early because we had a long drive up to Winter Park to the seamstress' shop. The dress is DONE and it is PERFECT! I only hope that the MOH and I can hook up the 13 point bustle. Even the seamstress who put them in got it wrong halfway through and had to undo it and start over. Oh, my...well, I tried to pay attention and will do the best we can.

After we got the dress, we had to drive the long drive back to hang it up in the house before heading to lunch and then the airport. Suddenly, off she goes through the security gate and that's it. She should land in San Jose around 8:30 tonight, her time, 11:30 tonight, our time. The next time I see her will be at her wedding shower in July.

I was disappointed when I got on the scale this morning, 250.7. That's up almost three pounds. Well, I knew it was going to be a tough week. Only thing to do is get back on track this week.

Radiation 17 is in the books. It's halfway over. YAY!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being half over with radiation. Hopefully you are starting to plan your celebration for the end of your cancer treatment. I am glad you had a wonderful time with your daughter. She is a beautiful young woman who looks like a very happy person. I love her dress. Hope you have a good day for being outside and being active tomorrow. We had 2 inches of snow this am, but it is melted now. I was too cold to walk outside and so I just walked on our treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bride to be, beautiful gown and beautiful family. Their leaving is always hard isn't it Becky? When our daughter and family goes back to Maine it is always a sad time. She's lived out there 10 years now but the tears still flow when she leaves here of we leave from visiting out there. Her Dad cries more then I do I think.

    You can do this weight loss thing Becky. You have shown yourself to have determination, strength and an iron will to get through this breast cancer treatment and you can do this weight thing. I have total faith in you. I've gained about 7 pounds since my earlier loss when on my early chemo. I had number 22 radiation treatment yesterday. You asked earlier about my skin? It is sunburned red and I have one blister about the size of a nickel but it is healing. Dr. said it wasn't from the radiation but from the marker sticker they had on me as the blister is perfectly circular like that sticker.

    Rhonda mentioned in her response above about celebrating when this is all over. Lynn and I will celebrate my April 15th last radiation treatment and 2 days later celebrate at an open house at our church for our 40th wedding anniversary that same day. We were married April 17, 1971 and our son and daughter in law are haivng the anniversary party for us at our church on April 17th. I'm getting kind of escited about that.

    Have a great day Becky. You are doing amazing with everything and I can't wait to see you in your Mother Of The Bride gown (and your handsome husband in his Tux!). You will be beautiful!!

    Juanita

    ReplyDelete