Friday, March 25, 2011

Wedding Planning Fun/Lowell's B'day






As I said, Evey and I took her dress to Casa di Bella Bridal Salon in Celebration, FL today for the fitting. It went very, very well. Miss Kim, the seamstress, was amazing and able to accommodate everything Evey wanted. She is lining the cap sleeves so they don't scratch, making them removable with hook and eye for the reception, tightened up the bust, and bustled the train. Bustling the huge train was an engineering feat. There will be 13 points on this bustle. I'll have to take lessons on how to hook it up at the wedding. Miss Kim is going to have it all done and steam cleaned ready to go Tuesday morning. Unbelievable!

Evey also picked out a tiara, veil, and shoes. She is very happy! I took lots of pictures, so there are a few here on the blog. Please do NOT tell the groom how to find this blog. So far he has never looked here. If you read this and you know the groom, don't tell him anything about these pictures. He is not to see anything before the wedding.

Then I asked if the shop had any Mother-of-the-Bride dresses she could show me, even if it wasn't in my size. I also explained to her how I had gained weight on chemo and was trying to lose it. The shop owner said, of course. She left for a minute and returned with the PERFECT DRESS! Evey and I gasped. It was exactly what we wanted, long, emerald green, v-neck, with a jacket with sparkly buttons. Wow! It was a size 18 and I am NOT! They called the designer on the phone. They have one in size 20 and yards of the fabric. Miss Kim said, "Don't worry. I can make it fit." Miss Kim is going to make a size 20 dress and jacket fit me even if I'm a size 22 or 24 by the summer. Meanwhile, I'm going to work REALLY hard now to lose that weight!!

We had a wonderful time and spent about what we expected to have to pay. All in budget. What a morning!

Evey requested that we go to Qdoba's for lunch and then Rita's for dessert. They don't have either of those favorites in California for her. She absolutely loved having a giant queso burrito followed by a Rita ice in blue raspberry. Unfortunately her lips and tongue were bright blue when we went to radiation.

We went to radiation together today, and I asked her to take a few pictures of me on the table. I have included one of those pictures here today as well just so you can see what I do every day.

This day could not have been more perfect!

This day is also special for another reason. I don't want to have this day go by without mentioning my fabulous son, Lowell! Today is his 32nd birthday. Happy Birthday, Lowell!! I hope you have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

  1. Happy for you. She looks radiant. You look great in emerald green and by then you will have that blonde hair back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this blog since Sunday - I sure picked a good day to pop in. Evey looks gorgeous in her gown. However, I must say my favorite photo is the one with the blue tongue because that is the Evey I know. I'm so happy you both found dresses you love. I remember when I could not find a wedding dress for my wedding because of my size, so my mom and I went to a wonderful petite store in Ellicott City and found the perfect white dress. Then I went to Massachusetts to help my sister - my Matron-of-Honor and only attendant - shop, and we found in a department store the perfect long peach dress with a neckline and lace that went perfectly with my dress. She was able to wear that dress to other events later on - she looked so good in it. I ended up making Nicole's bridal gown using the same fabric I used to make her Bat Mitzvah dress (only in white instead of blue) because we both loved the way that fabric looked on her. Weddings can be stressful, but when you find just the right design, the right fabric, the right dress or gown, it is such a wonderful moment to share with your mom, sister, best friend. Enjoy it all! Give Evey my love. Love, Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful in her wedding dress. I am so happy that you found a good dress too. It's amazing that you were able to stay on budget on top of finding everything perfect. I love the picture of her with a blue tongue. That is so cute. I'm sure her husband to be will love the blue-tongued picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, I'm so happy for you that your life is so happy right now. It is long over due with this journey we're on. Your daughter and her gown are beautiful! That gown is amazing and one of the most beautiful I've seen. Unfortunately, I'm a "Say Yes To The Dress" junkie and watch it on TV all the time. Congrats on zipping right through radiation. I'll have number 21 today. We are right there with each other. Enjoy your time with your daughter and Mark and I look forward to more pictures and more blog entries. Thanks so much for taking us all along on this journey.

    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Juanita,
    I also watch "Say Yes to the Dress" whenever I get a chance. It's addictive!! My daughter was great shopping for the dress. She had done a lot of internet research and came in with a strong opinion of what she wanted. Fortunately for us all her idea of what she wanted REALLY WAS what she wanted and also looked good on her. She only tried on 5 dresses, and two of those were ones I suggested just to be sure she tried on something in a totally different style to be sure. We could tell as soon as she put this one on that it was the right one! We bought it last May in MD but it came in around the middle of October, after she was in CA. She came to MD in Thanksgiving and we saw that it fit pretty close, just a little to take in around the bust and the bustling process. But we weren't able to do that until now down in FL. Crazy schedules!! I'm glad you liked it.
    Yeah, I think of you a lot because we are following the similar schedule. I'm really having an easy time of it so far. How is your skin now?

    ReplyDelete